“Mackinaw trip” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Mackinaw City/Beachfront Area

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Mackinaw City/Beachfront Area to your Saves list
Super 8 Mackinaw City/Beachfront Area
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   519 South Huron, Central & Huron, Mackinaw City, MI 49701   |
Ranked #14 of 41 Hotels in Mackinaw City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
MICHIGAN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Nice rooms; free breakfast; friendly staff. Internet connectivity was difficult to access and very slow - pretty much non-functional - when I was able to connect after multiple tries.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

HASLETT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Worst Internet access in our 23-day trip from Michigan out to Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, etc., and back.
Front desk staff seemed preoccupied at Check-In, and two desk staff were having a big argument (Jamaican?) during breakfast!!
Well-dressed (Jamaican?) women just laughed off our comments about Internet being essentially unavailable.
Will NOT stay at this unit again! (Always pleasant experiences at other "8's" including the Bridgeview unit in Mackinaw,

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Toronto Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed here 2 night in mid-September. Not by choice though. We were late getting into the city after spening the day in the Agawa Canyon. When the Comfort Inn a few doors down couldn't reach us (no service!) they gave our room away. They were nice enough to call the Super 8 who had a room available. They did give us the same rate as the Comfort Inn and we even got a lakefront room (which we didn't have at the CI), so we were happy with that. The view is very nice.

The rooms are in dire need of updating. Old carpets and bedspeads, small tube TV's and NO working Wifi. This has been a complaint for a while apparently. I had to go into the lobby just to get a signal. You have to go across the parking lot to get to the pool. We never bothered. On the plus side, the bathroom was modern and clean and the beds were comfy.

As is somewhat of a pattern here, we found the young guy at the front desk to be somewhat rude and curt. The women I dealt with were all very nice and helpful.

We were a little disappointed not to get the hotel we wanted. This place was just ok. But I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

From the moment we checked in and Mr. Unfriendly waited on us till we checked out and there was someone a head of me that was leaving very unhappy, it was not a good experience. Our room was in the building next door. It was a beachfront room, but the patio doors were so dirty or stained you could not see out of them. The room was sooo outdated! The bathroom flooring was coming up. The small fridge was sitting on the floor and not on a table. The curtains did not fit the entire rod. The rack to hold the extra towels was hanging on the wall in front of the sink! I wished I would have taken a picture to post, it looked like a 10 year old hung it there! The room smelled very musty and I was pretty sure that the bedspread had not been cleaned in awhile. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone! However, my daughters room was near the office and it was in much better shape. It looked like they started to remodel with some new flooring, etc., but it was not finished. Why they would rent out a room that exposed sub floor and nails?? We did not go to the breakfast area, just from peaking into the room I new I could not eat there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

My wife and I decided to get an early start on our trip to break the driving up over an extra day. We drove the first afternoon up to Mackinaw City and overnighted at the Super 8. We did not have a reservation. We were also traveling with two pets. We were given a king bed room on the lower level with a doorwall facing the beach. We pulled in late and left early, so I cannot comment on any amenities or attractions.

The bed was comfortable. The room was clean. Furnishing were a bit dated and worn, but still in decent shape. I rate it slightly above average. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Mackinaw City/Beachfront Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Mackinaw City/Beachfront Area

Address: 519 South Huron, Central & Huron, Mackinaw City, MI 49701
Location: United States > Michigan > Cheboygan County > Mackinaw City
Beach Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#6 On the Beach Hotel in Mackinaw City
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Mackinaw City/Beachfront Area 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Super 8 Mackinaw City/Beachfront Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Mackinaw City/Beachfront Area Hotel Mackinaw City

If you own or manage Super 8 Mackinaw City/Beachfront Area, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

;