“Two night pleasure stay” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #11 of 41 Hotels in Mackinaw City
Swanton, United States
“Two night pleasure stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Ok place for a short stay. No big complaints. The place is a bit tired but the room was acceptable. Staff could have been more friendly when checking in but they were capable. Good location from which to explore the city. The slightly off-season rate helped the overall value. I would stay here again if I could not find a better value...however, I would look for that value first.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Anna L, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Dockside Waterfront Inn, responded to this review, October 2, 2014
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 231-436-5001.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Dockside Waterfront Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Lapeer, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

When we visit Mackinaw City MI, we almost always stay at this hotel. It's not a 5 star resort, but the rooms always seem clean enough and staff is friendly. Pool area is clean, but because the hot tub is so large, more jets should have been used, it's just a gentle swirl of the water. When we go with more family we use their "suite" room, which is two hotel rooms joined together by one outside door. There's ample room with I believe 4 queen beds and also a sofa sleeper, plus two full bathrooms. This time we went we had a small group and reserved individual rooms on the water. The view is nice, hearing the water is nice and watching the sunrise is nice. The only drawback I had on the water rooms, and maybe other rooms that aren't suites? was that the bathroom sink/mirror was outside of the actual toilet/shower room. I like everything in one room for a little more privacy but that's just me. Breakfast was decent considering it was free, make your own waffles, powdered eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, cereal, etc. I won't complain about it because a lot of the tourist towns are moving away from continental breakfast costing more money by having to eat out. We will stay here again with no problem.

Room Tip: Obviously water rooms come with a nicer view, but also with a higher price tag, go off season to sav...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

warren, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This hotel has a great view of the lake and the room was very clean and inviting when we opened the door. We chose this hotel because we like the Best western chain. The beds were very comfortable and overall the room was very nice. They had a hot breakfast in the morning that was very good also. The only complaint I have was of the front desk clerks, they were very unfriendly, The one girl told me they did not have a room at a rate I was just quoted by phone and when I confronted her with this info she said "Oh let me ask the other girl" Well, then she had that room at the rate. Also upon check in and check out no one was smiling or thankful that we stayed there. Terrible customer service!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Enjoyed our stay although I don't recommend the breakfast there, unless you stick to coffee and toast. Bed uncomfortable and a.c. extremely noisy, but overall, beautiful appearance and great view of the lake.

Lowell, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

This is a wonderful hotel. We have stayed many places in this city and this is the best hotel in that area we have ever stayed at. If you are planning to walk the Mackinac bridge on Labor Day it is the closet hotel to the buses.

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 231-436-5001.

Milford, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

If you want a great location to downtown Mackinaw City You should stay there. The only negative was despite the booking website description of a "balcony" with a view they put us on a walkout that is partially underground. They did change our room the next day and We had a nice balcony view.

Room Tip: Balcony with a view is a must.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Bergen County, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is probably the best choice in Mackinaw City. The location is great. Right on the beach, next to the dock, a short walk to the ferries and into town. We were advised by a friend to pay the extra for a beach view room and it was definitely worth it. We could sit on our small terrace and enjoy the lovely view. At night,we had a great view of a blue moon over the water. The beach had plenty of available lounges to use. The room was large and clean. My only complaint is that they advertise a wonderful breakfast, but we stayed at Hampton Inns and a Country Inn and Suites on our trip and both had better breakfasts. There was no yogurt, fresh fruit, or fresh muffins. Canned fruit and some sugar donuts to accompany the usual breakfasts offered by these types of hotels.

Room Tip: Pay for the beach view rooms. Quieter and lovely view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

BEST WESTERN PLUS Dockside Waterfront Inn

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Dockside Waterfront Inn? Share your experiences!