I needed a night's accommodation in Mackinaw City as my plane arrived late and all ferries to Mackinac Island (my destination) had stopped. There's a range of hotels to choose from in Mackinaw City but reviews for Best Western Dockside seem the best so I went with it. I got a room facing the lake and the morning view is certainly quite nice at least. The queen-sized beds were huge and comfortable. Downside was a thick, cloyingly woodsy smell to the room and the carpet which felt sticky and unwashed to the bare feet. The complimentary breakfast provided was standard ok fare, albeit somewhat salty. And the front-desk can call a shuttle to bring you to Shepler's Ferry dock as well. Overall, the hotel is decent enough and value for its prices and the location for a night's stay.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Dockside Waterfront Hotel Mackinaw City
- Best Western Dockside Waterfront Hotel
- Best Western Mackinaw City
- Mackinaw City Best Western
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Best Western and Hotels.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Dockside Waterfront Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.