“Have never gone wrong eating here” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Sandwiches, Pizza & Pasta, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Takeout
Description: A family-friendly and VERY CLEAN restaurant, completely remodeled inside and out, features the best hand-tossed pizza, with doughs and sauces made in-house daily. Many other choices, including Ribs, Entree Salads, Great Unique Sandwiches, Pastas, Burgers, even Pasties ... and a glamorous full Bar featuring local wines and Michigan micro-brews. Family owned, with Owners on-site to assure your complete satisfaction. Always the top-rated restaurant in the area per TripAdvisor!! - #1 for 2010,2011,2012,and so far in 2013! Thank you patrons.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Have never gone wrong eating here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I know I have reviewed this eatery before, but I always make a point to review places on return visits. My friend and I once again eat here the Friday before the Fall Colors Mac Bridge Run (first Sat in Oct). We had a coupon for 2 free salads with the purchase of a speciality pizza so we went that route this time. We loved the pizza, however, we were FULL! I think it affected our times on the run the following day (kidding). Fresh ingredients, excellent service and a fair price. What more could a person ask for in a tourist town? This is always a tradition and must stop for us before the Memorial Day Bridge Run and the Fall Bridge Run. Will have to stick with the pasta, however, in order to better our times! Thanks for always serving quality food and for always being such wonderful hosts for those stopping at your restaurant. Wish you were open year round but understand you all need to recharge for the spring time!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
pizzapalacemanager, Manager at Pizza Palace, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Bikeboy62. Nice to hear from one of our pasta lovers. We always try to follow when you are going to be in town and make extra homemade sauce and such for you. If you would like you can give us a call and we would love to know you were coming. I know you have reviewed us befor and appreciate your time in repeating the process. We thank you and trip advisor for such a fun thing to follow and making it easy for us to communicate with you the customer and friend. Thank you for your loyalty! Marie

Fort Myers, Florida
“Super sangria!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

There was this sangria that looked like it was enough for four, but I managed to do just fine on my own! :) The pizza was delicious and had plenty of toppings, but was not greasy at all. Most pizzas with meat toppings are dripping with grease, but not this one. If you like pizza, this is definitely a must while in Mackinac.

Visited September 2012
Hello food freak in Florida! Thanks for letting me know you found yourself in the same frame of mind as I did when I first tried the sangria. It is a recipe shared by the ownner and a friend to the palace. Our meats used at the palace are special order and we try to keep them as lean and healthy as we can. Thank you for your review , we always love to hear from the customer and trip advisor is a great tool to us. Please visit again. Marie
Dallas, Texas
“Delicious, great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Order was correctly made. Freindly staff. Bartender whipped up a delicious margarita. Forgot my coupon for free salad in our travel guide. They honored it anyway. Fried pickles are amazing. Best to take the pizza to go. It's pretty tight to get around tables. They amount of customers in there certainly reflects the quality and value of the food.

Visited September 2012
pizzapalacemanager, Manager at Pizza Palace, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dean thanks for reviewing us and thanks for giving me some practice on this iPad, more seating capacity is exactly what we need as some times we have a waiting list but manage to get our customers in and out in record. time. One never knows what the future could hold......maybe we will expand. You have the same name as our famous owner so we already like you, Thanks for the review, Marie. See you next season.
Grayling, Michigan
“I just love their Pizza!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I've been back many times and the food is consistently good. They are priced right and I never walk away hungry. I will continue going there!

Visited October 2012
pizzapalacemanager, Manager at Pizza Palace, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
sbidwell
Thanks for the great review. And, thanks for coming up to dine with us. Returning customers is what makes the restaurant a place that's well worth a try.
~Marie~
Royal Oak, Michigan
“Great pizza and more”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

So much on the menu to choose from. Servers are all helpful and friendly. Even when its crazy busy during the holiday, this place somehow finds a way to accommodate us. We keep going back!

Visited September 2012
pizzapalacemanager, Manager at Pizza Palace, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
daystar, you are one of our favorite returning customers. We appreciate how professional your review is written and thank so much for making our day. Feel free to stop in at any time. :)
Marie and the staff