“Disgraceful!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Anchor Budget Inns

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mackinaw City
Anchor Budget Inns
Save Saved
You added Anchor Budget Inns to your Saves list
138 US 31, P.O. Box 758, Mackinaw City, MI 49701   |
Ranked #29 of 41 hotels in Mackinaw City
Alpena, Michigan
“Disgraceful!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

My family rented a suite for 2 nights at this hotel after seeing pictures online. Looked dated, but clean. I almost broke my ankle stepping in 2 different holes in the carpeted steps going up to the room, the hallway smelled terrible and there were 2 rollaway beds stuck in a cubby hole in the hallway that were more than filthy, Also a wet plunger on the floor in front of the rollaways. Rooms were filthy. Our bed had half a sheet on the bottom. It did not even fit the bed and there was a funky looking covering under the sheet. The 3 pillows on our bed were 3 different colors...ecru, off-white and pee-stained. Horrible. After a few hours in the room my husband went to open the drapes and found 2 dirty thongs behind the curtain. My son-in-law got a stick and picked them up and took them down to the manager. He was of Indian descent and started screaming at him and threw the underwear at the cleaning person. Then he accused us of planting them in the room. Mind you, we didn't ask for a refund or anything. Just wanted to report the conditions. He got very angry and scared me to death. I would NEVER recommend staying at this horribe place! Reporting this to the BBB too!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

4 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Green Bay
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2007

Our group of 14 travelers booked 4 rooms total. Big mistake!!
My room wasn't ready 1/2hour after check-in time. The cot that we requested wasn't brought in to us until 10:30 p.m. The rooms all were extremely dirty, with bugs, spiders, cobwebs. The stained carpets were not vacuumed. The sink in one room backed up. The deadbolts on the doors were broken. The sheets had hair and food crumbs on them. The sheets didn't fit the bed--we woke up on top of the small mattress pad. The pillows were very flat.

As if the conditions of our rooms weren't bad enough, we also had to deal with a party going on in the parking lot. The staff allowed it to continue. Finally, we had to ask them to disband and also had to ask the guests in next room to quiet down. We didn't sleep a wink between the noise and the bugs crawling around.

We had to reserve rooms at a different hotel in the morning and notified the management of our situation. They refused to credit our accounts and the owner refused to call us or meet with us to discuss the issues or to view the photos that we took of the rooms. Since I personally paid cash up front for my room, for two nights, I am out my money. Hopefully the rest of my family will be able to receive a credit for the second night, as they contest the charges with their credit card companies. We weren't asking for both nights free, just a credit for the second night that we couldn't possibly endure. We have filed a complaint with the chamber of commerce in that city.

Traveler beware. Don't trust the pictures or virtual tours on the websites. Stay at a reputable hotel.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Conditions of the rooms, Noise.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Anchor Budget Inns? Share your experiences!