“Not a bad value, but personal could be better” 3 of 5 stars

You added Court Plaza Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Court Plaza Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   202 E Central Ave, Mackinaw City, MI 49701   |
Ranked #15 of 41 Hotels in Mackinaw City
“Not a bad value, but personal could be better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights while in Mackinaw City. We booked a 1 queen bed room but was put in a 2 queen bed room which was fine but a little crowded. No microwave or refrigerator which would have been nice but the coffee was better than I've had at other places. The free continental breakfast was a little laced on variety and taste really. Eggs only one morning, sausage, biscuits, cereal and some juice. Bagels, toast and what looked to be French toast you put in the toaster. The lady was in there the whole time cleaning which was good. The front desk personnel where a little rude and NEVER seemed to be around. I had to go to the lobby a few times and always had to ring the bell and they always seemed like I was "interrupting" something when they came out. All in all, the location is perfect for exploring Mackinaw City. I parked the car at 1 pm on Tuesday and never had to move it again until Thursday morning when we left. I may stay there again but think next time I'll spend a little extra money to have a better view of the lake and a better continental breakfast. A good breakfast is worth a few extra bucks in my mind.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Neenah, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

My family booked 5 hotel rooms for the same weekend. Two of the rooms checked in a day later and were charged two different prices from the main group. When my mother complained at the front desk, they yelled at her. When I checked out at the front desk, I told them that I didn't appreciate how they treated my mother and that they were going to get a bad review. They threatened to sue me. They even followed me out to the parking lot to threaten me again. Apparently, they don't understand how customer service works. Or freedom of speech!! I would rather pay $50 more a night to stay at a nicer and more pleasant place, and will the next trip we take there!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Mackinaw City hotels

Grand Rapids, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I came up with friends who booked the room. It is one of the lower priced hotels in the village and I was a bit apprehensive, but in this case, you get what you pay for and it proved to be a fair value. The pillows in the room were a bit hard for me, no HD TV, but the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The free breakfast buffet was below average.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Sevierville, Tennessee, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

This hotel is horrible! My husband booked it because he said it had decent reviews (lesson in planning hotels came soon after our check-in). It looked so dirty that we didn't even turn down the sheets. We slept on top of the comforter and used our own blankets and pillows. It was centrally located which I would have preferred to stay on the other end because it was more quiet.
The breakfast was a mix of cut oranges, generic cereal, and some biscuits that I'm not sure where or what kind. They were pathetic! The lady who takes care of the breakfast room was very nice and did clean the entire time we were there so at least it was tidy.
The pool did not have a bathroom area and the jet spa looked a green color. We didn't get in. Looked a bit frightening.

Stay here if you like being in the middle of town but if we return, we'll plan better and stay at the other end of town.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

This is a very outdated hotel but, staff is super nice. The bed was comfortable and the rooms are really big. I'm not a really picky person as long as there is no critters in my room and thank God there was none. This hotel was booked when we stayed here and our room seemed clean but, like I mentioned just outdated. I might stay here again because the location was great to the little town.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

The hotel desk staff was rude. The carpet in the room was so dirty that we could not take our shoes off and I doubt we will ever get our socks clean. There were bed bugs. The pool was ok but appeared to need more chlorine.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 764Traveler
Escanaba, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

It was my wedding weekend. My guests and wedding party booked our rooms with them 6 months in advance. We have spoke with manager several times to make sure our arrival was smooth. My mother called in the morning on 6/28 to verify her reservation and was told yes we have everything. My maid of honor called around 2:30 to verify her reservation and the gentleman (manager) was very rude and said "I'm sorry we had to cancel your room and all the guests room." My maid of honor asked why and the gentleman said we lost power and it won't be back on for a few days. Which they never contacted 4 of my guests that were not booked under the wedding party's last name's.After finding this out my step father contacted them asking them if they would at least help us find somewhere to stay because everything was very expensive or booked because of the car show happening in St. Ignace. The manager said very rudely that they don't do that there and hung up. So we then had to find 10 hotel rooms in Mackinaw City the day before we were arriving. We ended up having to stay at 3 different hotels and the cost per night was doubled compared to what we booked with the Court Plaza Inn & Suites. When we arrived on Friday 6/29, my family went over there to see what was going on and the place was open with full power. They were taking reservations, but instead of charging the $99 that we booked the room for they were charging $200+ a night for the rooms we were suppose to have. My family was livid and the manager began to swear at my family and told them to get the blank out of there. I've never had someone who works in customer service speak to a customer that way. Other guests of the hotel were around and saw how he acted. We now have the owner's information and will be following up with the Better Business Bureau and Chamber of Commerce. I advise NEVER staying here. How this place is still open I'm not really sure. The customer service of that manager is horrible and disrespectful.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room at all, cause they will cancel it if they can get more money for it!