“Great Place Great Price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Flamingo Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mackinaw City
Flamingo Motel
Save Saved
You added Flamingo Motel to your Saves list
13959 Mackinaw Terrace, Mackinaw City, MI 49701   |
Ranked #24 of 41 hotels in Mackinaw City
Michigan
“Great Place Great Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

My and a friend went on a trip around michigan and one of our stops was in Mackinaw City. Most other place were quite expensive but this place was relatively cheap. I was skeptical though since this motel doesn't have a website or come up on many results on google but I was referred to here by another motel that was full. It was GREAT!
The front desk lady was really nice, like she was awesome. Theres a pool and multiple firepits as well as a swing set and playground thing. Unlike other places the pool is usually open all night and day as well as the firepit. People were making smores at 1am. The rooms have a 70s feel to it with shag carpet but rooms are still pretty nice for a motel. All in all a great experinece especially considering my worries that this place would be crappy. Also comes with a free small pizza coupon at mama's pizza (which is really good).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

13 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

After reading reviews on here, we decided to try this motel and were not disappointed.
What this motel IS: a small family run motel on the south side of town that is clean and has a few perks. It charges $59/night for 1 bed, $69 for 2 beds and $79 for 3 beds. Pets: accepted on case-by-case basis and typical pet rules: cannot be left alone in room, no excessive barking, must pick up after your pet (common sense but of course some tourist don't exercise this).
What this motel IS NOT: a luxury 5 star motel in the heart of the action. If it was, then they would be charging you a lot more than $59/night! It has small refrige, microwave, coffee maker, and wall mounted tv with 8 channels. One previous review was complaining about not enough channels: you're on vacation!. You pay to go on vacation to watch tv?
This motel has a pool, basketball court, horseshoe pit, and nature trail behind the hotel. Also has cookouts on weekends with S'mores. What motel has ever done that for you?
Our room was clean upon arrival and cleaned every day when we were out.
Room for improvement: bathroom door didn't close all the way and no phones in room (but again everyone has cellphones and if they did have phones they'd probably have to charge).
Our family will stay here again next year for vacation and save a lot of money so we can use it for other events. I'd recommend this place to stay if you're not a tourist that likes to complain about everything just because you are not home.

• Stayed July 2012
Plymouth, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

just because the outside is painted white means nothing, rooms are still dated and dingy, and the woman running this place is worse!.......also prices advertised will not be price when you get there, total sham outfit........avoid at all costs!

Room Tip: go elsewhere
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Clarkston, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

I was expecting some po-dunk motel. By no means was this motel Podunk! The Owners Fay and Jay where unbelievably gracious!!Bonfire and Marshmellows provided daily! Clean,Clean,Clean.The pool was warm and welcoming.They helped us with sightseeing and who and what to avoid (sightseer scams) . Can't wait to go back,great family pizza place across the street. U can't go wrong here!!!!!!

Room Tip: Just call ahead by a few weeks. People are starting to catch on to this lil' Gem!!!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Brighton, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

Great location. I went up to experience the Dark Sky preserve at the Headlands, the Flamingo is right down the road. The room I had was clean and neat. The folks running this establishment also have a gourmet pizza place in Downtown Mackinaw. My whole experience was pleasant.

Room Tip: Only stayed here once so I don't know about the other rooms. I was in #102 and it was fine.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Lansing, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

It looked great online and the lady was nice on the phone; we got there and it was completely different....Some young lady checked us in, come to find out later she was new and didn't check us in properly or bill us like she said she had. Then when I did get billed by the owner, it was $10 bucks higher a night than quoted. It was for the sleeper sofa my daughter (who's 10) decided to open up - She thought it would be fun. Well, the owner considered it another bed and that jacks your room rate up another $10.00 a night! This doesn't sound like much but then your up to $80.00 a night and this place is definitely not worth it. Especially when the owner gets confrontational with you instead of being accomodating because you didn't know this information. I'm sorry but in any other hotel, they call this a suit and your free to use the sofa! Needless to say, we won't be back and we never did stay! We got our money back and left for the Days Inn BridgeView were they're accomodating and very nice!

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Farmington Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

Definitely a keeper! I don't know what the other reviewer was talking about. The rooms are clean and there are no spiders etc. Now with people smoking outside as oppose to in rooms I was thinking that might be an issue when I was outdoors as I am a nonsmoker. However there are plenty of ash trays and the employees make sure they are emptied and replaced and it didn' interfere with the overall wonderful experience. I was thrilled to find this little gem. Everyone is kind and friendly and go the extra mile to make our stay special. I totally recommend the Flamingo Motel. We love the campfires and the beautiful pool. The kids loved the little playground. So glad I l came and have since returned a few more times...every chance we are in the area.

Room Tip: Book in advance but worth a try to make a reservation last minute if necessary
  • Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Flamingo Motel? Share your experiences!