“Friendly Staff and Great view!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tee Pee Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mackinaw City
Tee Pee Campground
You added Tee Pee Campground to your Saves list
11262 W. US 23, P.O. Box 10, Mackinaw City, MI 49701   |
Michigan
“Friendly Staff and Great view!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

We stayed at the Tee Pee campground in June. We found the staff to be very friendly. We liked the convenience of the store onsite, as well as the availability of firewood and ice.

The grounds were maintained and the bathhouse was clean. Some of the sites were a little small. The campground's overall location was great relative to the ferry docks for the Island. The view of the bridge was great!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2010

My wife and I have been campers for years and decided to book our stay at the Tee Pee. It was awesome. They have beautiful campsites, great bathroom and shower facilities, a friendly staff, and one of the best views we have ever seen. What a great experience! We will be back.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Detroit, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

Had a very nice time, the campground was clean, hot showers, and the one of the best views of the bridge at night.

Like most campgrounds these days, you wish you had a bit more room, but all the families staying there were great and everyone seemed in a good mood, just being away from home and in Mackinac.

We will come back again, that is for sure.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Jackson mi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2008

We Stop in the so called off season, The office sign said open but door was locked, so we just found a place to camp, we found out that the camp owners do not live on site and they come by just a couple times a day, no other help on site, because of this campers were parking everywhere in places that were not camp sites, very nosiey untill well after midnight, some of the camp sites are good size and other sites are too small, the site next to me had the campfire pit about 3 feet from my rv, we worried all night that the other campers were going to burn our rv, 3 sites have a great view of the bridge, the rest don't, the beach is sandy untill you get to the water than it's stones, if you go here to camp, stay up front away from the lake and you will enjoy it a lot more

• Liked — bridge view
  • Disliked — small campstes, noise
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
new milford, ct
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2008

My husband, 16 year old daughter and I stayed at Teepee for 4 nights the second week in August. My daughter and I were 1st time campers and I did all the research leading up to our trip. We were in a rental RV and did not know what to expect...We couldn't have had a better experience. The campsite was clean, the bathrooms were clean, well lit and well kept...The view from this campground was fabulous and the beach was an added bonus...This is the closest campground to the ferry service and it was an easy bike ride to the ferry's and everywhere around town...In fact since we were in and RV and the campground was in such a great spot we were able to ride our bikes to everything we wanted to visit for 3 days straight. The owners couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. We traveled from CT and had stayed the 2 previous nights in a campground midway through Michigan where loud music played into the night....Let me be clear and say. TEEPEE WAS GREAT...Everyone respects the rules and it is a wonderful family oriented campground, NO loud music here...I would stay here again without a doubt...

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2008

My family visited Tee Pee Campground in July 2008. This is our 5th year in a row camping here and we absolutely love it! We have two children ages 2 and 13 and they look forward to this camping trip each year. The campground was quiet, the sites very clean and well maintained, the bathroom was always clean and I was pleasantly suprised to have a warm shower all 7 days we were there :) They have a wonderful camp store with all the fixings for s'mores and what ever else you might need, they have a game room which both of my children enjoyed during the few minutes of bad weather we had. The beach was very sandy and there was playground equipment. I felt very comfortable having my kids play there. Tee Pee is located right in town and we enjoyed walking and biking into town each day!
This was a very enjoyable vacation and we look forward to coming again next year.

• Stayed July 2008
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2008

I am an avid tent camper with over 35 years experience from the most primitive sites, to ones with every amenity available.
I have always preferred to camp on public land ( ie State Parks) as I didnt want the added expense and hassle of dealing with privately owned 'campgrounds'. I always immediately thought, " everyone is stuffed in on top of each other"!! and " the whoop it up till 3 am crowd"!! !
When the State 'reconfigured' some of the sites at the park my wife and I stayed at, ( 'our' site was reconfigured out of existence) we decided to see what other campgrounds were available in the area. Its been 4 years now and I wish we had done it sooner!
TeePee Campground is one of the most relaxing, enjoyable and friendly campgrounds I have ever stayed at. The view of the Bridge, Straits and M.I. are second to none!
I personally have stayed there for over a month of days now and have never had any bad experiences with either the staff or with the cleanliness of the facilities.
The grounds are well maintained, recently vacated sites fire pits are cleared of excess ashes, any litter is picked up and the grass cut.
The sites are good sized and level. They are close to each other but not crowded together. They have dedicated sites that work well for the biggest buses and others for popups and tents.
The owners understand what customer service really means. I've always been impressed by how much they really do care!!
The free shuttle to the boat docks and the nightly bonfire on the beach top off a prefect atmosphere.
We are booked for July again this year and we will be coming back for many more!!

PK
Milwaukee, WI

• Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Tee Pee Campground? Share your experiences!