“Good food and solid service” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Cheboygan, Michigan
“Good food and solid service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

This place gets very busy, but the food and service are great. Try off times and you will be satisfied with any breakfast, lunch or dinner!

Visited May 2012

Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Amazing whitefish, pie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

A friend and I visited Darrow's last Saturday evening, based on trip advisor reviews. It did not disappoint! We showed up at about 7:45, and were seated right away. The restaurant is nothing fancy, just looks like your typical family diner, but we did take note of how clean everything was.

I was torn between ordering the broasted chicken special and the broiled whitefish, but in the end, ordered the fish. It was the BEST fish I've ever had in a restaurant! I can't really say the salad was anything special, or the mashed potatoes (although they are real potatoes), but oh my gosh the FISH is amazing!

As stuffed as we were after our dinners, we decided to try a piece of their famous pie. Our original plan was to try the banana creme, but they were out so we went with the peanut butter, and it was perfect. So creamy and delicious, I will be dreaming of that pie for a long time to come.

All in all I would DEFINITELY visit again, I cannot wait until next time!

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
South Lyon, Michigan
“Rude Service , Rude Manager”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

We ordered a garlic cheeseburger with no mayo, Add mustard they gave us a regular cheeseburger with mayo,

I ordered a chicken cordon blue and they added mustard to it,

I told the manager and she said what do you want me to do and walked away!!! WTH

Do not eat here very rude!!! No customer service!!!

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Pittsboro, Indiana
“#1 for a Reason!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

We ate here based on a recommendation from the hotel we stayed at and weren't disappointed! Awesome food, awesome service. We ate here for dinner. The Whitefish was great! They have a great selection of delicious homemade pies!

One hint on located it. It is located west of I-75. Take Central (the main east-west street in town) under the Interstate and then turn right on Louvingney.

We will definitely eat here again on our next trip to Mackinac Island.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Three Rivers, Michigan
“It`s always excellant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

We have ben eating at Darrow`s to many years to remember but at least 40 years when we come up to Mackinaw City. We ate here 4 times this trip and if you are looking for excellant home cooked food and excellant service and a fair price for breakfast , lunch , and supper this is by far the best place to eat . But if you are looking for a cold beer and night life you need to go somewhere else.

• Visited May 2012