“Good price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embers of Mackinaw City

Embers of Mackinaw City
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mackinaw City
Embers of Mackinaw City
You added Embers of Mackinaw City to your Saves list
810 S. Huron Ave, Mackinaw City, MI 49701   |
“Good price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

This is the second time we've stayed here.. It's a great deal for the price.. You are right in mackinaw city.. Every other hotel around are over $100 easily.. Here it's only $80, you can't beat that. The Front desk is very friendly! The rooms are not too bad.. Very big and roomy. Only negative is they don't have microwave or fridge. Also, no ice machine outside. Other then that for the deal you cat beat it!!

• Stayed July 2012

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Saginaw
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We just wanted a breakfast besides the one offered at the hotel we were staying in -- This was the WORST ! I looked at the buffet - of which their sign says best breakfast buffet in town -- everything looked like it was sitting there for a long time but the worst was the sausage links floating and drowning in a tub of grease ! My husbands omlett had chunks of FAT from the ham that was suppose to be in it -- he might of found 1 or 2 pieces of edible meat. The coffee was old and nasty !! Will never go back for anything - stay away !

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Alpena Mi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

We didnt stay at the hotel but did eat there after finishing the Mackinaw Bridge walk.
We all had the lunch buffett at a price of $15.99 a person. It had a very simple salad bar with bagged salad a few toppings for it and half a dozen types of salads that seemed like they were all bought pre made. The pasta in the pasta salad was over cooked, the potato salad tasted only of green peppers and the fruit salad only tatsed of a heavy coconut milk. The hot bar...hmmmm Instant mashed potatoes, packet or canned gravy, pasta floating in water and getting over cooked, raw hush puppies, greasy fried fish, dry baked fish and flavorless beef. The dessert bar looked good but the cake tasted like it was a box mix with canned frosting the bread pudding tasted only of nutmeg and was under cooked and I think the pies come in frozen and they only bake them there. Its Mackinaw I know things are more expensive but for $15.99 you would think something would have been made in house and not all packet instant and pre made. The staff was not that great we waited about 10 minutes till we ever saw our waitress, my guess she was on a break and then we only saw her one time after we ordered. The fact that the place was almost empty on such a busy day for Mackinaw should have tipped us off. Was very unimpressed and would not go there again. Also avoid the bathroom, its filthy and you need a passport to use the toilet since the seat is broken and will take you on a trip right off the bowl

Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Leesburg, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

Very unimpressive... My wife and I had the Mackinaw Muffin. Not bad, but $7.00 for a thomas english muffin, with american cheese sausage, and egg. Everything was way over-priced. The only redeeming value was its location across the street from the Arnold Ferry.

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
MI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2009

The room was tidy and looked fine but was not exactly clean. The bathroom fixtures were filmy, the bathtub felt gritty and it was pretty dusty in places. The TV was very old with poor picture quality. All of that I could live with but the bed was horribly uncomfortable - it felt like you could feel every spring poking you. In addition, if you turned on the air conditioner it made an awful sound - duga, duga, duga...all night and made the room smell bad. I was not impressed.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
ypsilanti
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2008

You cannot beat the price and location. It was way cheaper than any of the Days Inns and Holiday Inns and it was right across the street from the docks so we didn't have to pay to park when we went over to the island. The staff was very friendly and the hotel was pretty cute, food was good in the lounge.
However.
The room smelled funny. We kept the windows open when we were in the room to air it out a bit but it didn't really help. I don't know what it was, whether it was cleaning chemicals or what but it was pretty bad. There were dead bugs smashed on the walls. The mattress and pillows were covered in bedwetting plastic that crinkled whenever we moved. Some of the staples in the carpeting were sticking through and got me in the foot a few times. I just did not like being in the room at all. I felt uneasy and was glad when we left during the day or went out to dinner. That was just one room, though, so maybe it was not one of their best rooms.
I would recommend the Embers to those who just need a cheap, convenient place to stay, because it was certainly that!

• Liked — The staff, location and price
  • Disliked — The room
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2006

This wasn't a bad place to stay. Even though you had to go down to the restaurant to get ice, the place was clean. I had my family of five as well as two other family members with us and they were able to accomadate all of us for a very low cost. I mean yes there was no pool or anything like that but, if you came to experience the beauty of Mackinaw and didn't want to go broke doing so it is a great place to stay. It was clean and everyone was friendly. The restaurant was just down stairs and they had great food that didn't cost an arm and a leg. I am already planning my next trip to stay there in September of this year.

• Stayed August 2004

Been to Embers of Mackinaw City? Share your experiences!