We had a great stay here, despite what the title may lead you to think; however, you need to either ignore the edgy lady at the front counter or chat her up. I chose the latter and ended up receiving no little advice and help from her, but she might rub you the wrong way if you're sensitive!
Excellent location, nicely heated pool, funky rooms, this is in any event an old motel. Excellently maintained and lovingly repaired, but it's motel soul comes out in the AC units that make a lot of noise and the tiny bathroom.
A lovely breakfast finished our over-nighter, and yes, I'd recommend this place, and would go back there, just brace yourself for your arrival!
- Also Known As:
- American Boutique Inn - Lakeview Hotel
- American Boutique Inn - Lakeview Hotel Mackinaw City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a full city block with shade trees, lush gardens and water fountains overlooking Lake Huron, and just across the street from the Mackinac Bridge and the Old Mackinaw Point Lighthouse. Award winning themed rooms. Expanded continental breakfast served in our SerendipiTea Room or opt for our signature "Breakfast in Bed". Evening wine and cheese reception for guests staying in themed rooms. Luxurious outdoor pool heated to 88 degrees (mid-May thru mid-Sept). Professional personalized service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Otel so you can book your American Boutique Inn - Lakeview reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.