“Do not stay here!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Crown Choice Inn & Suites Lakeview & Waterpark

You added Crown Choice Inn & Suites Lakeview & Waterpark to your Saves list
Crown Choice Inn & Suites Lakeview & Waterpark
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   720 S Huron Ave., Mackinaw City, MI 49701 (Formerly Comfort Suites - Mackinaw City)   |
Ranked #33 of 41 Hotels in Mackinaw City
Michigan
“Do not stay here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We saw the reveiws before we booked, but we were in a pinch and hoped that with the few good reveiws that we saw that it might not be so bad. Lesson learned. The room was not the suite that was promised, it did not have enough beds for us, and it was dirty and smelly. We called the front desk to explain that they had put us in the wrong suite and the hotel would not change our room. When we told her that we would not be able to stay she said she would charge us anyway. When I went to speak with her at the front desk she was extremely rude.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Plymouth, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

The advertisements for this hotel state "new indoor water park." When one hears the term "indoor water park," one cannot help but expect a... well... indoor water park. What the ads really ought to say is "indoor KIDDIE water park." The water park here is for maybe ages 8 and under. However, they did have a nice whirlpool, which would be for adults. My teenagers were sorely disappointed - thank goodness we found plenty of other things to do in the area since the "indoor water park" was non-existant. Management - you need to seriously consider changing all of your advertising. Note that the 2-bedroom suite had a skylight in it, which on first thought, seems cool. At 5:30 a.m. when the sunlight was streaming in with no way to cover the skylight, however, it was not cool.

Lapeer, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We upgraded to a room with a pull-out couch...3 kids plus my husband and I stayed here...one king one queen and a pull out couch. LOVED the space. HUGE room and cheaper than the Best Western on the beach across the street. Water park was great for the kids, and the pool and hot tub/sauna were a great break from walking. Staff was very kind and welcoming and friendly. They let us check in early, even though it was not quite the time. Will definitely stay here again! There was not a restaurant.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Not a nice place to stay! Filthy carpets and public areas...strange smell all over hotel. Called for reservation, lady was very rude and not helpful at all. All in all a terrible experience and we haven't been here but a few hours! Lots of choices in the area would suggest any place else.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Clarkston, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were very excited for our Memorial weekend vacation to Mackinaw. We arrived late to the hotel and literally unpacked the car and put the kids to bed. When we woke up the next morning we realized we had landed in some kind of dirty/icky-land. There was an un-clean smell, followed by dirty carpet/floor and even some lovely smashed May-flies on the walls. We called the front desk and notified them of the situation and they did say they would thoroughly clean the room while we were out that day. When we returned, I'll admit it was cleaner...but it simply masked the bigger issue that THIS HOTEL HAS A MAJOR CLEANLYNESS PROBLEM!! The hallways/stairwells are disgustingly dirty. Filth has accumulated in the hallways for SO LONG, that the corners had literal piles of dirt/food/grim in them. Dirty elevator too. Empty cups on the floor for multiple days. Which mean cleaning staff walked right past them without picking them up. It also means that there is no manager checking up after the staff. The "Water Park" is just like the hotel. Dirty...dirty...disgustingly dirty. It was a glorified play set with some hoses attached. But again, it was hard to get past the filth! Literal filth!

Stay away!! STAY AWAY...unless you are a new cleaning staff and can help this hotel revive itself!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Gaylord, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I booked a room at this hotel for my Granddaughters 2nd Birthday... I wanted it to be a Mimi and Grandbaby night, so that she could enjoy the little waterpark.. Well I went to pick her up after work on the day of check in and my Daughter told me she was running a fever... I thought oh no she cant go and enjoy herself if she is sick, and she could get sicker if I took her. So I immediately called the hotel to see if there was a way that I could reschedule for another night... After explaining to the Gal on the phone the situation (which by the way she was not very pleasant) she said that she would have to get a hold of the General Manager and call me right back.. After a couple hours and no call back I tried to call them and she said it would have to be tomorrow when they call me, cause he was not available. I said ok that I would wait to hear and expressed to her my appreciation.
WELL so much for that as I waited almost ALL day and no call; so I tried to call them again, and guess what I was blown off AGAIN... Called everyday to try to talk to the General Manager myself, NO LUCK! I was not asking for a refund I just wanted to rebook the room to maybe a week or so later (which the rates would have been the same... I checked) I cannot believe the way I was treated.... I even told her that I could supply a Dr.s note if that would help as my daughter took my Granddaughter to the Dr and she did have an ear infection :(

I do know that if I cant get good customer service when I have not even been to the hotel in person, I can only imagine how it would have been if we went,... REALLY SAD! I will say they did not hesitate to withdraw the money out of my account the VERY next day after what would have been check in...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

We were totally scared by the reviews of this place and we proved them all wrong. our room had 1 king size bed 1 queen size bed and a pullout sofa in a separate room that was separated by a kitchen and bathroom. We also had a crib which they wanted to charge $6 night, so we ended up bringing our own. the room had a fridge microwave and sink, it worked out great for us, the beds were comfortable and when we called for more pillows and blankets they arrived quickly. the water park was awesome huge pool huge hot tub and a cool slide splash area for the kids which was a little cold. The next day we ask them to turn up the heat and it felt like they did. It was not busy at all for the end of May but it was rather cold outside so that may have had something to do with the attendance. We felt like we had a hotel to ourselves the only bad thing was during the week breakfast is across the street at a different hotel we were not expecting that. But it was okay. all in all we got to walk to the ferry and experience Mackinaw City and Mackinac Island for a good price. We would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Crown Choice Inn & Suites Lakeview & Waterpark? Share your experiences!