“Perfect Vacation Place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Shores At Mackinaw

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mackinaw City
The Shores At Mackinaw
10900 US 23, Mackinaw City, MI 49701   |
Ranked #8 of 41 hotels in Mackinaw City
Avon Lake, Ohio
“Perfect Vacation Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

We have been going to The Shores At Mackinaw for many years. It is beautifully decorated, spotless and private. The pool is close and the lake views and bridge views are spectacular. I would like to thank Carol for helping us find the perfect Condo to suit our needs.

We look forward to enjoying another July vacation sight seeing in Mackinaw and relaxing at these beautiful Condos with our family.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

10 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

We have been coming to the Shores of Mackinaw for six years now bringing family members along year after year.
The view of the bridge, lake and Mackinac Island cannot be beat! Downtown is nearby, as are the lumberjack show and the other Mackinaw Parks.
The only downside is that every year something else seems to be taken away that we took for granted. This year, it was the gas grills in the common area replaced by charcoal grills. Before that, the beach would be groomed every day (chairs picked up, trash picked up). But it seems like the beach is going back to its natural state with grasses growing back up and into the sandy area.
But don't get me wrong. THIS PLACE IS BEAUTIFUL! Condos are clean, managers are receptive and everyone seems to get along.
As for traveling w/ our kids, well, yes they run around are super excited because it's vacation time. They use the beach, pool, look for frogs in the pond and have a great time. We luckily have never come across disagreeable tentants.
I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE SHORES. We'll see you there the second week of August 2010!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

These condos are quiet, yet convenient to all the Mackinaw City attractions. Very nice views from the waterfront condos.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

We stayed in one bedroom unit lakefront view. We were very impressed by the cleanliness and the decor was nice and comfortable. We had a beautiful view of the bridge and lake. We did not have anyone above us in the two bedroom unit and that may be a problem if there are kids running around. The area is quiet and away from the downtown noise. The condos are much nicer than a hotel room as they offer full kitchens, living room, bedroom, laundry room, garage, nice bathroom. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Byron Center
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2008

We stayed at the Shores this past summer and I felt I needed to write a review so that the "family of travelers" can have an idea what the Shores offers. First, if you book make sure if you want a view of the water that you ask to have a view of the lake and not just a peek out a window if you look in the right direction. The condo was very clean and had EVERYTHING that you need as far as utensils and cookware. Deco was of your basic furniture and art you see typically in rentals. Bedrooms were nice size and had quality linens. SO, as far as you can see the condo's are nice which leads me to the issue we had. We stayed in a upper and we have 3 kids all under 6, and the family we were with had three of thier own. As day led to night the kids were playing and not even full throttle as they typically due. At a time of 8 PM we got a knock on the door and it was the renters downstairs who were having a difficult time due to the loud banging coming from upstairs. I told her I will attempt to quiet the crowd however it was rather early and that they really were not being over the top. Well I went back upstairs and informed everyone of the complaint and our condo took on a feel of being trapped in a situation where we could not let the kids even walk around. It was terrible and a second complaint brought me to a feeling that this week long stay was going to be terrible. I called the on-site management and spoke with him regarding the situation. He had very few answers for me because the Shores were booked for the week. He did say that if the kids were not being to loud that I should enjoy my stay and try to keep the noise to a minimum. I felt better however being of a caring type I still felt bad for our downstairs neighbors. Well the next day the neighbors found out that another unit was available so they promptly moved, feeling uncomfortable when we all saw each other. So the moral is, Management made it work for both parties however what would have happened if another unit was not available? There was no way our kids were going to be in quiet mode every night at 7 PM. The condo's are built with thin floor/walls where you can hear people talking from room to room. So I feel justified inr writing this review, my goal was not to slam the The Shores, they were very friendly and did help but our stay was doomed due to the construction of the condo's and you can not fix that issue. PS - we never got a new neighbor the rest of our stay!!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — construction of units
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to The Shores At Mackinaw? Share your experiences!