Booked this for Labor Day weekend primarily for the cheaper price ($140). Rooms were decent and clean; we had a patio with 2 chairs. Also on the property were picnic tables, wooden swing, playground area (swings, slide, sand area, basketball hoop).
Breakfast was included but it was nothing to write home about (bagels, biscuits and gravy, instant oatmeal, cereal, juice, and coffee).
Walking distance to gas station and souvenier shop, also to the main strip with the restaurants and other hotels. Free shuttle to the Star Line Dock to go to Mackinac Island, but the motel is within walking distance (about 15 min.).
My niece enjoyed the patio, my nephew enjoyed the basketball hoop, and my sister is already talking about coming back next year.
- Also Known As:
- Starlite Budget Inns Hotel
- Starlite Budget Inns Hotel Mackinaw City
- Budget Inn Starlite
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Up-north hospitality at an affordable price. Close to downtown, entertainment, shopping, restaurant, island ferries and Mackinaw bridge. Free breakfast, playground, heated pool, jacuzzi and many other amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Venere, Hotels.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Starlite Budget Inns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.