“Wonderful, Understanding Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 41 Hotels in Mackinaw City
Detroit
“Wonderful, Understanding Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We experienced a family emergency a week before our trip to Mackinaw City and had to leave the country. Cancelling my reservation was the furthest thing from my mind until I saw the one night's charge posted on my credit card. I called right away and the person I spoke with said she would have to call me back. She returned my call about 3 hours later and apologized for taking so long - I was thankful she even called! She explained that a manager would call me back within the next day or two. When the manager called me he said that he had already reversed the charge and extended his condolences to my family.

I've never had this happen before and thought for sure I would be paying for it but the management at Baymont Inn are compassionate and understanding. I look forward to when we can visit Mackinaw City/Island and we have the opportunity to stay at the Baymont Inn.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
BaymontMackinaw, Owner at Baymont Inn Mackinaw City, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
I too want to offer my condolences to your family. We here at the Baymont understand that things like this happen and want to be as accommodating as possible. We look forward to your visit when the time is right.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Toledo, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

The best thing to say about this hotel is location. Everything in Mackinaw City is within walking distance including the shops, fort, lighthouse and ferry docks. Th hotel itself is average at an above average price. I suppose that is understandable given the location. The staff couldn't have been friendlier and more helpful with maps, tickets, etc. for our stay. The pool area is nice and the breakfast was nice as well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Nice to hear you enjoyed our location, pool and breakfast. Nice to be able to walk to Central Ave. and not have to fight for a parking place.
Marietta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed the first night after they reopened for the season and everything was great! We traveled with a small dog and this property was pet friendly with a small charge. The staff was very helpful and provided information for the ferry to the island-which was very close to the hotel. The little town square was not too far away and you could walk to the restaurants. We recommend Scalawag's for great fish and chips!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
You will have to come back and enjoy some more whitefish at Scalawag's. You can never get enough of that great whitefish and comfortable accommodations at the Baymont. Thanks for your comments.
FREDERICK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This Baymont Inn is rated #1 for a good reason; it is an excellent choice. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The room was good-sized compared to other motels in this class. The breakfast room is always spotless. I left some articles of clothing behind and the staff mailed them to me the same day I called. Dan, the owner, was always around managing his motel.

Room Tip: We were in room 323, on the backside of the motel, away from I-75.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We thank you for your comments. Glad you we were able to return the items you left behind. We hope to see you on your next visit.
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We had a group of 43 staying for 4 nights. The rooms were comfortable, clean, the staff and owner Dan were fabulous. We even had a jacuzzi in our room and there was an indoor pool and hot tub at the hotel.. The location is super for Mackinaw City and for the island, ferries, U.P. and day trips. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Glad to see your group enjoyed your stay. We have many groups stay during our season and find that many return for another trip without the group and show their family and friends what they experienced.
Rochester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Baymonte very much. It was super clean, convienent to downtown and attractions. The staff was very helpful and pleasant. We would stay there again and would definitely recommend it to all travelers.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Thank you for your kind comments. We hope you return and we can be of service in the future.

Been to Baymont Inn Mackinaw City? Share your experiences!