“Great for the Price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rainbow Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mackinaw City
Rainbow Motel
Save Saved
You added Rainbow Motel to your Saves list
602 South Huron Avenue, Mackinaw City, MI 49701   |
Ranked #8 of 41 Hotels in Mackinaw City
Livonia, Michigan
“Great for the Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife and I came up for the colors the last few weeks of the season. We came last year and spent a lot more at a less desirable chain Hotel room. During our time in the city we decided to write down a few motel names for this year and review them later. We decided on the Rainbow based on reviews and proximity to everything we planned to do. Front desk staff were very pleasant from the moment we arrived. Gave us great advise on places to eat and watch the Tigers in the playoffs at night. The room was older and a bit small but very clean, absolutely no complaints here. The shower was a bit small, but was still a standard sized tub. Price was very reasonable. If just there for a few nights, perfect place to sleep.

Room Tip: Room 116 has a king bed and a small 2nd room with table, lamp and refrigerator
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
West Allis, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I had high hopes for this motel based on reviews here on TripAdvisor. I even canceled a reservation at the Comfort Inn to stay here. Wrong move. My girlfriend and I stayed in a queen jacuzzi room and we're thoroughly unimpressed. The bed was rock hard, the 3.5 foot square shower stall was cramped and didn't drain properly (leaving a puddle of stagnant water), there was no hair dryer, and the heater was noisy and finicky to adjust. The room was too small to comfortably hold its contents of a small table, two chairs, a luggage stool, the dresser/TV stand, and night stand. I would have demanded a different room, but they said at check-in that they were full now that we arrived.

• Stayed October 2012
Cape Girardeau, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Very reasonably priced room. Very clean but also a little outdated and on the small size. We had a king size bed and it was hard to find a place to put your luggage. The location is good and it's a cute little motel. If you are just staying a night or two and just want a place to sleep this is the place you are looking for. We booked on line and the price was even better.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Mount Pleasant, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

A wonderful, little motel...I couldn't get over how clean it was inside and out, and it's right where all the action is. Spent 2 nights there (Aug 19 and 20) and would do it again. Great pricing at under $60 per night for 3 people. Friendly staff. Rooms are small, but we didn't have any problem with that. Our bathroom didn't seem small. Did I mention how clean everything was?

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Saint Clair, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stopped in Mackinaw on a motorcycle trip around lake huron. It wasnt a planned stop and just wanted to find a nice room for the night. The price was excellent! A room for $55 in Mackinaw is unheard of and when your on the road for a few days, its refreshing to find a nice, clean room for under $100 bucks! Our room was great! it was clean and had a king size bed. We like family owned establishments that are older and well cared for. It is a quaint place , older furishings but I thought it was adorable! We stopped across the street first, luckily they were booked because I would have been upset if I paid triple the price and missed out on this family own motel! Perfect!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
La Porte, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

My wife and I along with another couple stayed here Aug. 12th for 4 days. We encountered the most friendliest people and the cleanest motel we have ever stayed at. I checked with the local health dept. and found this motel has the highest rating of ALL the motel/hotel in Mackinaw City. The entire staff is always there to help with anything that you may need. If you ask, it is done ASAP. This is our place to stay when we come back to Mackinaw. No question about it!!

Room Tip: They do not offer a breakfast, but you save so much $$ over the other hotels around, you can eat at...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
St. Paul, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We spent 3 nights here and really were happy. It is not like the large ones across the street. There is no lake view or lake front. But the grounds are well maintained with very pretty flowers. There are yard swings throughout the property, a small swing set and a little putting green. The pool is indoors and is not too cold. There were an indoor and outdoor hot tub. The one outside was not that warm but the inside one was fine. Check in was quick and the people that work there are very friendly, especially the woman in the morning. Our room was adequate. There is no modern decorations. It is dated but it was very clean. Plus the beds were ultra comfortable for us. It looks like a motel from when I was a kid. Sort of retro. There is a very small fridge, and microwave. Plus the TV has many channels but it is not HD. Just an ordinary TV. The bathroom would be my only complaint. I am spoiled but bigger bathrooms. This is very small. But I did find the pink and burgandy tile charming. Only 1 person could fit at a time but we managed just fine. If someone were a large person they would have problems. Not sure if all their bathrooms are the same. At least it was clean. There is no breakfast, just coffee. But with all the money you save staying here go get your own breakfast just down the street. This place is within easty walking distance to the ferry, downtown and many restaurants. If I was in this area again I would definitely consider staying here again. The price was great.

Room Tip: If you need handicap facilities I would ask as the bathroom would never hold a wheelchair.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Rainbow Motel? Share your experiences!