“Good Food - Bit Pricey” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Good Food - Bit Pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

First off let me say the decor is not at the top of my list when I'm eating/visiting a resturant. Yes the decor of this resturant does not fit the typical "Italian Decor" for a resturant. With that being said, Lets move on to the food, service, cleanliness, and other things.

Service: My wife and I walked in and were immediately greeted by he host. I will admit this was two weeks after Labor Day weekend and on a weekday evening. The resturant was NOT busy during our dining experience. Our server was very tentative and prompt with our orders.

Food: We both had the pizza and the bruschetta as an appetizer. The bruschetta was very good even though I prefer the bread to be harder/crunchier than it was. The bread was very good despite that fact and was actually more to my wife's liking. So if you like hard crunchy bread for your bruschetta instead of softer bread this may not be for you.

The pizza came out HOT and smelling great. We did a build your own with Roasted Garlic, Sausage, and Mushrooms on one & Roased Garlic with Pepperoni on the other. The pizza has great flavor, not too much sauce (we like light sauce to begin with), and fresh toppings.
Be aware that all the "Specialty" pizzas listed on the menu did not have red sauce as a base. They all listed some type of olive oil base. I mention this because I've seen reviews on not getting any sauce and I just wanted to point this out. The pizza is a bit pricey for what you might be used to paying for Pappa John's, Pizza Hut, or other large pizza chain.

Cleanliness (Resturant & Bathrooms): The resturant was clean without any mess on our table or chairs. The Bathroom was clean but small. There may be other bathrooms but I only saw the ones next to the kitchen. The only draw back was the men's bathroom was a one man bathroom. I can imagine on busy evenings this being a problem with waiting to use the facilities. Again, it was not busy during our visit so there was no problem. There may be other bathrooms in the building but I did not ask or seek them out.

Overall we had fast service and great tasting HOT food in a clean environment. The food is a bit pricey for pizza but I expect some inflated cost in such a touristy area. Yes the Decor is not fitting of an Italian Resturant but I still liked it.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

50% Recommend
Lebanon, Ohio
“A fun casual place. We came back after the first time.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Okay... this place is totally touristy and not what you would call fine dining... but, who cares. It is a fun place.

What makes this place a kick is all of the north-woods type of decorations. Stuffed animals everywhere, a huge rock fireplace. Reminded me of some of the ski lodges I have been to.

The menu was varied and the food decent the prices more-or-less what you would expect in a tourist town. We had enjoyable dinners the two times we ate there... again, not fine dining... just good food in a fun, relaxing atmosphere.

Service - during our two dinners we had different serving staff and, in each case, they were upbeat and fun to chat with.

Immediately adjacent to the restaurant, and part of the same building is a huge candy store, a tourist souvenir shop and a wine store. This gives you a decent place to mill around a bit after you had dinner.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Buffalo
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I highly recommend this restaurant. The decor is very unusual, it's like you are sitting out in the woods.

Visited September 2013
Petoskey, Michigan, United States
“Pass This Up”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Since they didn't have a lunch menu and I didn't want to be full of rich food that time of the day I ordered calamari and a cup of Italian Wedding Soup. While the soup was good the calamari was terrible. I couldn't even eat it. None of us could. If you want good calamari go to Teddy Griffins Roadhouse.

The tomato dipping sauced tasted right out of a can, which was a disappointment. An Italian restaurant should strive to do better.

The waiter couldn't get our orders straight; there were only four of us. He started to walk away before taking my order. Afterwards he couldn't figure out how to bill us because the other three ordered pizzas to split.

I will not go there again.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
“Greasy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

We were the only people dining and now I know why. The napkins smelt and felt like they were straight out of the grease pit. The bread was deep fried and my ravioli sauce tasted like it was out of a jar. The salad was the best part of my meal. The waitress was friendly but the bad food ruined the experience for me

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere