“Quilt Retreat” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 41 Hotels in Mackinaw City
Cheboygan, MI
“Quilt Retreat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2010

My stay was wonderful, Beautiful clean rooms open onto the beach with a view of Straits of Mackinaw. Very friendly staff. They went way over and above what I would expect.

• Stayed February 2010
mbbresort, Guest Services at Mackinaw Beach and Bay - Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 15, 2010
Laineyrae,

Thank you so much for you positive feedback! I will be sure to share your wonderful comments with our staff. I am glad that you had the time to enjoy the view from your room.

Thank you again for your positive feedback, and if you have any questions or suggestions please feel free to let me know.

At your service,
Andrew Shaffer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
auburn hills mi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2010

My friends and I had a wonderful experience at this hotel. It was very clean and everything looked as if it was newly remodeled and decorated. The staff was very friendly, polite and accomodating. I plan to visit this hotel again with my family. The view was beautiful of the bay, islands and bridge. We loved it! Unfortunately it was too cold to enjoy the beach. I look forward to returning on my next vacation in Mackinaw City.

• Stayed February 2010
mbbresort, Guest Relations at Mackinaw Beach and Bay - Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 18, 2010
Auburnhillsmicowgirl,

I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Mackinaw Beach and Bay Resort. We realize that you have many options in the Mackinaw City area, and we appreciate you choosing to stay with us. I will be sure to share your kind words with our staff. They work very hard to meet the needs of all of our guests, and they would love to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I have no doubt that you will enjoy our wonderful beach on your return trip this summer! As you noticed the views from our beach are great!

If you have any additional questions or suggestions please feel free to let me know, as we are always looking for feedback to improve all guest experiences. Thank you again for choosing the Mackinaw Beach and Bay Resort; we look forward to your next visit.

Warm regards,
Gaylord
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2010

I attended a quilting camp sponsored by Indian River Quilt House and the experience was totally wonderful. From the minute we checked in to the time we checked out, the service was absolutely wonderful. If there was a problem, it was handled quickly and without any grumbling; our room was clean and taken care of every day we were there; the conference room where 70 women were quilting and leaving threads all over the place were vacuumed every evening by the staff. They could not have been friendlier; they even had an afternoon reception of cookies and cake for our group. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel as a venue for other events.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Michaywe,

I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Mackinaw Beach and Bay Resort. It was a pleasure having you as our guest! I appreciate your positive comments and I will share them with our staff. I am glad to hear that your group enjoyed our meeting and banquet facilities. Your HIGH recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions or suggestions as we are always looking for feedback to improve all guest experiences. Thank you again for choosing the Mackinaw Beach and Bay Resort; we look forward to your next visit.

Cheboygan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2010

We live in Cheboygan, Michigan and decided to spend the night in Mackinaw City because of the winterfest there this weekend. We wanted to try out the new place. We walked into the room, and it was dirty. It had never been cleaned. We called the lobby, and no one came to clean it. After an hour of waiting, I went to the front desk and asked the tall slender gentleman at the desk for the manager. He said that the manager was busy on the phone and that he would talk to us when he was done. He never got off of the phone. He wouldn't even acknowledge our presence. I waited for twenty minutes and then I asked the guy at the desk for my money back. He refused. I asked him to at least send someone to clean our room, and he said that there was no one available. The tall guy at least seemed to care, and to his benefit, he gave me some clean sheets so that we could change the beds. We changed the beds ourselves, but the bathroom was never cleaned and the carpet was dirty. So now, I am the local Burger King writing this review instead of enjoying my meal. I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
mbbresort, Guest Services at Mackinaw Beach and Bay - Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 12, 2010
WinterFester,

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience at the Mackinaw Beach and Bay Resort. I am glad to see that you came to experience Mackinaw City’s Winter Fest. We had a record turn out this year!

I am sorry that your housekeeping issue was not resolved during your stay. The staff and I sincerely apologize that your stay was not up to the standards of which we are so very proud. We strive to ensure each guest’s stay is memorable in quality and service; but it appears that we failed to do so on this occasion. I assure you that this matter was taken very seriously.

As always we appreciate your feedback and if time allows, I invite you to contact me directly so we can further discuss your experience. I can be reached at (800) 468-7736 at your convenience.

Warm regards,
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2010

We came for a week to celebrate our anniversary. I realize the hotel is new, but we enjoyed everything. The only drawback was when I asked to speak to the owner and I was "questioned" as to why I wanted to speak to him. This I found intrusive as the manager did not ask if there was anything she could do, just blew me off on the phone and said he was too busy to talk to me. He did, however, call me back fairly quickly. The manager needs to learn some skills in dealing with guests. We plan to return this coming summer. We vacation in the area every summer and we really did like the facility. Everything was pretty clean. Other than the manager needing to learn some skills in dealing with guests and not giving them the third degree when they ask for the owner, we were satisfied with everything. Hopefully they will keep the place up and maintain good standards in cleaning.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
TeeH98,

I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Mackinaw Beach and Bay Resort. It was a pleasure having you as our guest on your special day! I will be sure to share your kind words with our housekeeping staff.

I do apologize that about your experience at the front desk. Rest assured we will take this opportunity to retrain our staff on proper guest etiquette.

Flint, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2009

I really enjoy going to Mackinaw and every year we go we have gone to the other property the own Waterfront INN and now that the resort is open I think we plan on staying here from now on. Very nice place, nice view of the bridge from the balcony, quiet, great breakfast, Bill and Sarah are very nice people that are willing to help you with anything. If you ever need anything they are there at your service.! Great place and defiently wouldnt go anywhere else.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
soccergirl728,

We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed our other property the Waterfront Inn. As you have noticed our brand new property the Mackinaw Beach and Bay Resort is now open. The same great service and hospitality that you have come to expect will be carried over to our new location.

I appreciate your positive comments and I will share them with our staff. If you have any questions or suggestions please let me know! Again thank you for choosing the Mackinaw Beach and Bay Resort and we look forward to you next visit.

At your service,
CenterLine MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2009

We stayed there twice, once at the end of Aug.09, and again in Oct. 09, both times were for 5 days. This place exceeded our expectations. All rooms are lakefront, so having a view of the lake was nice, especially watching the sun rise. All rooms have: a living room with sleeper sofa / wet bar / mircowave / refrid. / king & queen bed / flat screen TV in both bedrooms / house type thermostat (does not have those noisy wall mounted A/C Units) / roomy bathroom / everything is brand new & clean / staff was very friendly / continental breakfast had adequate choices. Our king bed was very comfortable. Hot water was instant, no waiting. Prices were good...we stayed during off season. They were still in the process of landscaping the grounds. We can't say enough nice things about this place. We plan on staying there again in Aug. 2010.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
AspenLTD,

I would like to thank you for choosing the Mackinaw Beach and Bay Resort. The staff will be pleased to hear that they exceeded your expectations. We are glad that you have noticed our hotel uses a very energy efficient Geo thermal (ground water) system to heat and cool our hotel. It provides exceptional climate control with minimal effects on the environment.

We appreciate your continued loyalty and look forward to your next visit. If you have additional questions or suggestions please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Andrew Shaffer

Been to Mackinaw Beach and Bay - Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!