Upon arrival to this "new this year" hotel (which I believe meant under new ownership as this hotel is not a new hotel) we were given the wrong room. We inquired about changing rooms but they could not accomodate this request until I called the front desk back saying that we wanted to cancel our reservation (for 3 nights) and go to a different hotel in the area. They called us back within minutes and miraculously found a king room w/ sofa bed on the lake side - it ended up being a one bedroom w/ living room/kitchenette. We took the exchange at no additional cost but the room still was very out dated with carpet being pulled up in doorways, slider door did not lock, not "new" in any sense of the word.
The front dest employees were not very welcoming nor professional looking at all - wearing street clothes and jeans. You couldn't even tell if they were guests or employees. The pool guy / life guard looked like any other guest - no identifying attire to show us he was the Lifeguard on Duty.
The breakfast buffet worker was the only one who looked like a someone who worked there as she wore a kitchen smock/apron type item over her clothes. She was the hardest working person we saw in the entire building and was the most friendly! The breakfast was tasty and the hot food was hot. She kept the tables clean after people left and kept the food options filled full. This is the only area I would score a 4 or 5 (out of 5). She was GREAT!
The pool area could be much cleaner. It would be a great facility if more attention was given to it and proper pool maintenance was done. Their beach area is horrible... there is a sand beach with chairs but beyond that you have vegitation growing along the shoreline to cross over before getting to the water which is then rocky and mucky. You definitely need to wear flip flops or water shoes in this area and in the water. Again, attention to all the water areas of this hotel would make a world of difference!
Overall for the price we paid and after they got us a different room, we got our money's worth but I will not come back to this hotel the next time we visit the Mackinaw City area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Northern Michigan's premier hotel and convention center, with Mackinaw City's largest indoor water park. Enjoy the incredible views right from your own private balcony or relax on our sugar sand beaches. With 98 rooms and suites we are sure to have the accommodations that you are looking for. Our hot breakfast buffet is served complimentary each morning right in our own bridge view restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Bridge Vista Beach Hotel & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bridge Vista Beach Hotel And Convention Center
- Bridge Vista Beach Hotel Mackinaw City