“Not great but def not the worst place in Mack” 3 of 5 stars

Orbitz.com Travelocity
Bridge Vista Beach Hotel & Convention Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1027 South Huron Avenue, Mackinaw City, MI 49701   |
Ranked #22 of 41 hotels in Mackinaw City
“Not great but def not the worst place in Mack”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We came up Memorial Day wknd 2012 and were able to get a great rate for a 3 night stay. The first night we were able to sit out on the patio and watch the fireworks. That was the last night that we were able to be on the patio bc the mayflies were AWFUL! We had a view of the bridge and island but could not sit out there and enjoy it bc the bugs would attack you! The waterpark was fine and seemed clean enough but clean towels were hardly ever available. I had a 3yo and 6yo and the slides and activities were great for them. The free breakfast bar at the hotel was good and had sausage, waffles, biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, toast, cereals, fresh fruit, donuts, bagels, milk, juices, coffee, and tea. The lady who ran it took very good care of everything and kept the tables cleaned. The room was okay. You could hear everything going on in the rooms around you. Our room was on the first floor and had a patio to the beach. The lock didn't work and when we alerted the front desk they just put a wooden stick in the door to hold it! The bathroom was not clean. Dirty in the corners, shower curtain and around the toilet. That was quickly taken care of. We typically stay in the cabins of Mackinaw Mill Creek and thought we would try something different. Never again. Plus, all the kids wanted to do was stay inside the waterpark and not enjoy the sights, great outdoors, and ambience which is what Mackinaw is all about and all they've ever known in the past.

Room Tip: Rooms that are on Lk Huron have spectacular views of the island and the bridge
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

130 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
escanaba
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

The Bridge Vista Convention Center in Mackinaw city, Mackinaw, Mi. was not the best place to stay. Do try to stay somewhere else when in this city. There was alot of inconveniences to contend with. They had no restaurant there but a breakfast bar was available.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Waterford, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Very nice the room was very clean a lot of room the view was beautiful The staff was very nice even the cleaning lady's we passed in the hall.The girl at the front desk I ask for directions and she went on line a printed me out a map very friendly we did not swim in the water park part we went in to looked to see if we would bring our grandkids and yes we would we will stay here again

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

I expect a very nice, clean hotel when I pay $120. This place looks nice on the outside but is not worth the price we paid. The indoor waterpark is sub par. dimly lit, a bit dirty, and kind of boring. Cleanliness is average. Staff is friendly. There was not enough parking for the amount of guests so when we went out to get pop andchips at 930 we came back and had to park in front of the dumpsters. We had to go out for pop because all the vending machines were pretty much empty. This place would be average at $65.

• Stayed October 2012
WIsconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed here this past weekend, very disappointed. I am thinking the people that gave this place high marks had rooms in the renovated section and features that were clean and worked in their room. I always like to check light bulbs when I check in rather than when it gets dark and don't work. One was burnt out, the one I would be using the most. Female at front desk was rather flippant with me and told me maintenance would replace it....I had the burnt out one in my hand, fortunately the male just reached in a box and gave me a new one. Fridge never got cold, brought in a tiny one and placed it on top of dorm sized one. So slippery it almost fell on my foot! Mold in the shower head, hairdryer covered in dust, exhuat fan hadn't been cleaned in a long time. Toilet seat so loose almost came off, my husband tightened it with his Swiss Army knife. Although there is NO SMOKING even on the balconies the people next to us puffed away so our open patio door helped make our room smell like a bar(when you could smoke in bars!) Our bed saw better days a few years ago, however next door in other family member's room they had a terrific bed. Dresser so nicked up it looked like they got it at a second hand store. The entire place had an off smell, not sure what is was, but a good carpet cleaning and wall washing might help. I mean the whole motel. Lazy river was freezing for my daughter and her husband so my grandduaghter could not enjoy it. Windows so dirty in pool area you could not enjoy the view outside. The free breakfast, not too good at all. Sunday morning I went to the more convenient free coffee in the lobby which was empty early on. I asked if more was coming they told me to go to the breakfast room, on the other side of the motel and on the 3rd floor. Granted this place is not that expesive but now I know why many other places had NO VACANY signs throughout the weekend and this one did not. Will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for renovated room and newer bed. Lakeside is nice, great view of the bridge.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Green Bay, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We booked this room as it looked very interesting online with its appearance and amenities. We were wrong. Starting with check-in, the process was pretty simple and the employees were courteous. However, getting to your room with baggage is irritating. There were only three luggage carts for people to check in on a Friday. The front doors are not automatic sliding doors so if you are hauling in your bags by yourself, be prepared. There is also only 1 elevator in the hotel for all the rooms so be prepared to wait. Our room faced the beach and had a great view . However the rooms that face the beach are outdated as this hotel is currently remodeling its rooms. Rooms that face the road are updated and remodeled. Our room was okay however our toilet did not flush, which they fixed. Our bed was similar to sleeping on a sheet of plywood. We needed to get a roll away bed for our child which was an extra $10 a night. The roll away bed that we got, was flimsy and not safe. When you went to lay on the roll away bed, it would give way and you would be on the floor. The waterpark is of decent size. But they seem to not pay attention to it. The hot tub does not function, The water in the lazy river is ice cold, and the kiddie pool area is painted yellow so the water looks like a big pool of pee. The most disturbing thing I seen at this hotel was with staffing and treatment of employees. The breakfast area is all the way up on the third floor. The dining area is adequate for seating however they have one employee cooking the food, serving the food, and cleaning the tables. And she makes minimum wage. The employee was running her butt off and provided great service, but she is very under appreciated. After staying here, when we go back to Mackinaw City next year, will definitely be looking at other hotels. Date of stay was Sept 28 - 30, 2012.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the road are remodeled and updated.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Bismarck, North Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Purchased this hotel on Hotwire (which turned out to not actually be a good deal at all as my hotwire price with fees included turned out to be more than the room would have been booked straight through the hotel, doh!). Upon arriving the front desk was less than professional in my opinion. Upon finding out that I was traveling alone she said she moved me from a two queen bed room to a single. I then found out this put me on the first floor right next to the lobby, which made for a very noisy stay. The room was mediocre I have seen worse, but it was nothing to write home about. I was given the handicap room so the bathroom was huge with a walk in shower, which only really made for an extremely wet bathroom upon taking the shower as the walk in was installed poorly. I did not visit the water park it did look large but can't make a judgment call on that. Breakfast was decent, besides it being through a maze of hallways to find. It was warm and pretty common for hotel included breakfasts. The beach area appeared nice with seating and a campfire ring. It was cold when I visited so I did not spend much time outside. It is kind of a long distance from anything else so a vehicle is a must for this hotel.

Room Tip: Anything by the lobby will be noisy. Avoid it.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Bridge Vista Beach Hotel & Convention Center? Share your experiences!