“Good Hotel for the money” 4 of 5 stars

Bridge Vista Beach Hotel & Convention Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1027 South Huron Avenue, Mackinaw City, MI 49701   |
Ranked #32 of 41 Hotels in Mackinaw City
Midland, Michigan
“Good Hotel for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

We stayed here over Memorial Day weekend. We booked through Hotels.com instead of the mackinaw hotels site because I didn't want to be moved to another hotel. For two nights, it was less than $200 total.
The water park is very big. It is a great add on for a family vacation. Especially if the weather is iffy and you may need some indoor activities. My children loved it. My concern, having been to many waterparks, and having been a lifeguard, was that there was only one lifeguard in the whole park. The lifeguard was stationed at the bottom of the slides to make sure that only two people went up at a time. I'm sure that this is fine when the park is not busy, or when everyone is supervising their own children. I will say, on Saturday evening, there were approximately 200 people in the waterpark and I was only comfortable when I was directly with my children, it would not have been safe to send them off to play. I don't think this would discourage me from booking again, but it was something that I hadn't thought of.
The WiFi never worked during the length of our stay. From my understanding, this was a problem in the past. The staff was very pleasant and said that they had called someone about it, but it never worked.
The staff did a nice job of putting out logs and starting a fire in the beach area both evenings. I thought this was a nice touch.
One thing that I would recommend is that body lotion be added to the bathrooms, if you have ever been to a waterpark, the chlorine/chemicals really dry out skin.
The rooms looked as if they had been recently refurbished, the beds were firm and comfortable.
Surprisingly, we were able to sleep until 9 both mornings, which is pretty amazing as we were on the first floor of a waterpark hotel.
The "Breakfast Buffet" has eggs, sausage, and gravy and make your own waffles in addition to the breads and cereals. I would have liked to see bananas and yogurt, but free is free.
Overall, the kids really enjoyed the hotel. It was a good rate and clean. Just watch your children in the waterpark.

Room Tip: Go for a room with a view.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
BridgeVista, Manager at Bridge Vista Beach Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
Islandhopper045

Thank you for you recent review. We are excited that your family enjoyed our property over the holiday weekend! I am sorry about the WI-FI experience that you had. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to let us know!

Andrew Shaffer
(800) 576-2842

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)

Been to Bridge Vista Beach Hotel & Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Bridge Vista Beach Hotel & Convention Center

Address: 1027 South Huron Avenue, Mackinaw City, MI 49701
Location: United States > Michigan > Cheboygan County > Mackinaw City
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#12 On the Beach Hotel in Mackinaw City
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Bridge Vista Beach Hotel & Convention Center 2.5*
Northern Michigan's premier hotel and convention center, with Mackinaw City's largest indoor water park. Enjoy the incredible views right from your own private balcony or relax on our sugar sand beaches. With 98 rooms and suites we are sure to have the accommodations that you are looking for. Our hot breakfast buffet is served complimentary each morning right in our own bridge view restaurant. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Bridge Vista Beach Hotel & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Bridge Vista Beach Hotel And Convention Center
Bridge Vista Beach Hotel Mackinaw City

If you own or manage Bridge Vista Beach Hotel & Convention Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.