“Alright.” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
San Antonio, TX
“Alright.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2009

The pesto sauce for the bread is amazing! Food was alright. I had the seafood scampi and was not very impressed. However, service was very very good!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Bothell, Washington
“Strawberry Chicken Salad...yummy!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

We ate in the Italian Chop House Resaurant side of the place (there is a bar side with a seperate entrace off the side street). My mom and I had the Strawberry Chicken Salad and it was HUGE and very yummy. There was plenty of everything and my mom didn't even finish hers it was so big. We felt like this was a GREAT deal for the cost. We ordered a side of french fries for my 2 year old and it was only $1.99 and the bowl was heaping with them. I can't remember what my 6 year old had, but he cleaned his plate. We found the service to be very attentive and resonably priced for salads and kids items.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
sebastian floirda
“average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2009

We ate at Goodfellows on June 30, 2009. Both my husband and I got very sick that evening. We did go out drinking but some of our symptoms seemed more like food poisioning than too much to drink. Has anyone else got sick in the past few days?

Chicago
“Be Scared--Very Scared”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2009

We're from Chicago, so not easily intimidated. But even so, this was a challenging experience. We ate there last night upon recommendation from the staff at Hotel Iroquois (We later learned that they offer massive discounted meals to hotel staff to encourage them to steer hotel patrons their way.). We entered at 9pm, and promptly witnessed a server break a glass onto a customer's dinner. He removed the glass without removing the dinner. The man had to call over the owner and explain the situation--he was concerned about possible broken glass in his wife's dinner. They finally removed the plate--with some huffiness--but without any apology. That was our first clue.

While we were looking over the menus, we were told that we needed to hurry because "the kitchen staff was stressed" since they were supposed to close at 9pm...and it was 9:10! I asked to speak to the manager and asked why we were seated at 9, if the restaurant closed at that time. He reacted in such an aggressive, hostile way that it was bizarre. He demanded to know who told us the kitchen was "stressed.". There was no apology, though the server was forced to apologize.

The food was far below average and the prices are ridiculous. And the atmosphere is sterile, cold, barren. I asked if they could add one item to my dish and was told "the chef will not make any changes." in a way the whole experience was laughable, but my kids (ages 10 and 13) were quote unsettled.

We love Mackinac Island, but this restaurant doesn't fit here. And it really doesn't fit in New Jersey, where they'd be lucky just to be run out of town.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Chicago
“Horrible service, food was just okay.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

After passing the appealing menu and the person standing on the street trying to lure us into the restaurant for two days, we decided to try Goodfellow's as our last dinner on the island. My husband, our two year old son, and I were seated at a two person table on a crowded dining patio. A waiter came to our table and asked us for our drink order. We placed our drink order and waited. Ten minutes later, a waitress came by and asked if our orders had been taken yet. We told her that we were waiting on drinks, and our waiter came by with them about 5 minutes later. At this point we weren't sure who was waiting on us. We ordered our food and enjoyed a tomato mozzarella salad. We finished our salad and our drinks. Our food arrived ten minutes later, served by a food runner who had disappeared from our table before we could order another round of drinks. My cheese tortellini was supposed to have procuitto, not chunks of Canadian bacon, and my husband's crab and lobster bisque pasta was inedible. The seafood was dry and the garlic and onion in the dish were uncooked. It was at this point in the dinner when we realized that we never got any bread. I asked a different waiter (because we hadn't seen ours for quite awhile) for more drinks and some bread. He said that they would be right up. He lied. He did bring out bread, but we were finished attempting to eat by the time our drinks came out. The best part of the meal was the crappy grilled cheese sandwich that we nibbled off of our son's plate while waiting for our food. When our waiter finally surfaced, we asked for the check. The waiter came back with it right away but never cleared off our long finished plates.
The dinner was just a terribly disappointing experience. Definitely not recommended.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere