“Felt like I was back in college!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Pontiac Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mackinac Island
Pontiac Lodge
You added Pontiac Lodge to your Saves list
1376 Hoban St, Mackinac Island, MI 49757   |
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Mackinac Island
Certificate of Excellence 2014
columbus, ohio
“Felt like I was back in college!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I'm so torn because I wanted so badly to give two thumbs up. After reading all the reviews, I thought this was going to be our little hidden gem.
Positives: clean, great location, price.
Negatives: there is a bar/restaurant across the street. It was SO LOUD! We could hear every conversation going on just laying in our bed. I have a young son and he heard a lot of swearing. We had to sleep with the TV on so it would drown out the swearing and yelling. We did not get any sleep both nights.
If you are young and don't mind hearing drunk people all night, for the price this is the right place for you. If you are over the loud bar scene, you may want to chose a different hotel.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Sudbury, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I am currently staying at the Pontiac Lodge, and I didn't want to forget to submit a review so I am writing one now, while I am sitting in the room. You can't go wrong with this place. We are staying in the only room that doesn't have a window, but it DOES have a beautiful skylight that you can remotely open and close. The place is immaculately clean, with everything you need, mini-fridge, microwave, free WiFi, air-conditioner, flatscreen tv, etc. This place must be well insulated, because I haven't heard a single door close in the hallway... either everyone staying here is very courteous and quiet, or we have the best room in the house. The shower is excellent - loved the water pressure, the beds are comfortable, and the rate is more than reasonable in my humble opinion. We highly recommend taking the Sheppler's ferry across, because the walking distance to the Pontiac Lodge from the dock where you arrive is like 80 steps away. The location I ideal, the staff are wonderful to deal with -- both online while booking, and in person when you arrive. I am usually one of those people who is sort of tough to impress, but I AM impressed! Thank you Pontiac Lodge, for making our weekend that much more enjoyable by being a wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: I don't think this place has a bad room -- seriously!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Cadillac, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Location is great, rooms are very clean, and the bed was extremely comfy. I stayed in Room 28 and the room was very spacious and immaculately clean. Staff went above and beyond to make my stay great. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

A great place to stay without breaking the bank. The only complaint is the rooms are on main street and there are always going to be very loud patrons leaving the local bars so you can hear everything.

• Stayed June 2013
philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Amazing location, rooms are very spacious and clean. Friendly staff upon check in. i would stay here again in a heartbeat. Family friendly for my 10 month old and also a great value for the area. Right next
To main strip.

• Stayed September 2013
Canton, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

After seeing the reviews and reviewing the reasonably priced hotels on MI we chose the Pontiac Lodge. The place is a charming little hotel right in the heart of town. Honestly you wouldn't even notice it if you didn't have reservations. All rooms are on the 2nd floor above some shops and the office is located behind the shops on Hoben Street just around the corner. Room 22 was very clean, freshly updated with somewhat of a nautical theme. You could tell the owners take great pride in this hotel. Bathrooms were freshly updated with new hard surface vanity, and nice shower. Beds were very comfortable with newer lines. It also came with a nice counter that included a mini fridge, microwave, and coffe maker. Yes it does get loud since its right on Main St but it didn't bother me any since we were outside most of the time. However I will say its great for people watching though :). There really aren't any scenic views from this hotel. Everything is within walking distance and Goodfellows is right across Hoben. I would highly recommend this place for people looking for a nightlife, younger crowd, or even people with children. Its a great location and has much charm. For the money, this place definitely exceeds most of the other places on the island. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: I really liked room 22, yes it could get a bit noisy but it is good for people watching. Also take S...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Macomb, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We spent the weekend with 3 other couples at the Pontiac Lodge and were very happy with the location as well as the very comfortable beds and cleanliness of each room. The price was reasonable and we didn't have to worry about transportation since everything was in close walking distance. We were right in the heart of everything. I only had one complaint which was that even though the room was cleaned for us the attendant did not make the beds. I think this was probably a one time over-sight. Anyway, I would stay at the Pontiac Lodge again for sure.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Pontiac Lodge? Share your experiences!