“Ice cream is delicious!!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 10 Shopping in Mackinac Island
Type: Specialty Shops, Shopping
More attraction details
Owner description: While on Mackinac Island it is impossible to miss the sweet aroma of fudge wafting over the streets. For the sweetest souvenir on the Island we suggest some of Ryba's famous Mackinac Island fudge. Voted the "Best Fudge in Michigan" by the Detroit News five years in a row, be sure to buy enough to share. Can't make it back for more? Visit the website for mail order options and other delectable treats.
North Ridgeville, Ohio
52 attraction reviews
“Ice cream is delicious!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

My husband is a junk food junky. When his Mom suggested they get some ice cream he was all about it! We split a small plastic dish of ice cream and it was delicious. I think it was called "Mackinac fudge ice cream" or something like that. It's pretty rich, so a little goes a long way, and I know it wasn't cheap. But heck, it's vacation! Live a little! It was very good.

Visited June 2012

Jacksonville, Florida
29 attraction reviews
“Ice cream and fudge were very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Rich and creamy describe bothe the fudge and ice cream. Many flavors to choose from. The fudges texture was smooth and there was not grittiness.

You must try several fudge stores to truly appreciate your favorite.

Visited July 2011
Dearborn, Mi
14 attraction reviews
“Gotta get some!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Gotta get some fudge on Mackinaw. They're all pretty much the same, all excellent

Visited August 2011
Florida
30 attraction reviews
“Excellent fudge!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

I paid a visit to Ryba's on June 8th, just before I boarded Shepler's Ferry after spending the night on Mackinac Island. The fudge is excellent! I purchased peanut butter fudge as well as mint chocolate. It is creamy and fresh-tasting. You can purchase three "logs" of fudge for about $18.00, placed in a pink box with a plastic knife attached. I also purchased a huge chocolate covered strawberry. Delicious! And when I say huge, I mean HUGE!

The two counter girls were very sweet. By the way, Ryba's offers so much more than fudge--chocolate-covered fruit, taffy, truffles, etc. If you have a sweet tooth, you'll be in heaven!

Visited June 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
36 attraction reviews
“Oreo Cookie Fudge”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

Let me start by saying that the Oreo cookie fudge we bought here was very good and I'm not a fudge lover. I've also heard the peanut butter is very good but I haven't tried that one. However, they don't sell small pieces. Once my daughter picked a flavor and I picked a flavor the total was around $30, since it is only sold in 1/2 pound chunks. I asked if I could get a smaller piece and was told no. It was only a few dollars more to get a third piece for $30 for their "special". When I walked out I was like, did I just spend $30 on fudge?!?! For that reason, I would not go back. My daughter and I couldn't eat that much fudge so except for the Oreo, the rocky road and chocolate walnut was tossed and I felt ripped off. I've heard Ryba's is the best but better customer service would be offering smaller pieces.

Visited July 2011