“Stop Looking. You have found it.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Market Street Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mackinac Island
Market Street Inn
You added Market Street Inn to your Saves list
PO Box 224, Mackinac Island, MI 49757   |
Kankakee, Illinois
“Stop Looking. You have found it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

Booked a last minute trip and found this Bed and Breakfast online. We had only stayed at one other Bed and Breakfast and wasn't sure it was for us. Glad we trusted TripAdvisor!
Inn Keeper Kristen, and staff Melissa and Hannah made sure we will definitely continue to look for quality B & B's for future trips anywhere we go. Market Street Inn is clean, well decorated and comfortable. Great location - loved being just off the main street. Room #5 provides great view onto street and Fort. Listen to Taps played at 10 pm at the Fort! Relaxed and helpful atmosphere. Kristen and staff very knowledgeable for area activities. Kristen offered an early breakfast on day of departure so we could catch the first ferry back... Food is fresh, delicious and quite enough. Cookies and fudge nice afternoon treats.
We brought our own bikes and recommend booking early and getting a room with the jacuzzi for relaxing weary muscles after many miles of beautiful biking.
Thanks Kristen and staff for making our couple of days on Mackinac Island so enjoyable! Highly recommend Market Street Inn!

Room Tip: Loved Room #5 - suggest jacuzzi room if biking!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Jenison, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

Manager Kristen and her staff, Paula, Melissa and Hannah, were just great. The rooms are all special, attractive, clean and comfortable. The location cannot be beat and breakfast in the garden is a must!

Room Tip: View and select your room on the website.
Louisville KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for two nights celebrating our anniversary in early June. Our stay was wonderful. We love the island and have stayed other places but this was tops for comfort. We had a king jacuzzi room with a terrific bed. The room was very large and had two arm chairs for reading. The room was immaculate and so was the private bath, very fluffy bathrobes were provided. Our breakfast was lovely and delivered each day with a smile right in our room so we didn't have to get dressed and go anywhere! Yes, the cinnamon rolls are delicious:) The innkeeper, Kristen, is excellent. She knows her business. Thanks for a wonderful visit.

Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

This was our very first stay on the island and also our very first stay at a bed and breakfast. We weren't sure what to expect, we didn't think we were typical bed and breakfast people. Market Street completely changed our perception. As you may have read in the other reviews, Kristen is the perfect Innkeeper. She is attentive and genuine, but not intrusive. She went above and beyond to make our stay as comfortable as possible. We stayed in Room No. 9 and it was immaculate. The decor was updated and modern (not what we expected from a B&B on Mackinac). There is a mini refrigerator in the room which came in very handy for water, sodas and fudge that we purchased around the corner on Main Street. The room also has an amazing jacuzzi tub that we definitely enjoyed after a long day of walking in the rain. And after a nice soak in the tub, the bed was nothing short of incredible. We even checked the label on the linens so we could get them for ourselves. In the morning, Kristen would serve us breakfast in bed (the cinnamon rolls we our favorite) while we listened to the clip clop of the horses outside our window. We typically don't come to Michigan that often, but our perfect stay at Market Street Inn has us already planning another trip to the island.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

How often do you stay at an Inn/hotel/B&B/etc... and when you leave you feel the need to hug the innkeeper? That would be this place, Kristin is wonderfull! This is the first B&B that my wife and I stayed at and we both felt like we were staying with family, was just awesome.

We've been to the island in the past, and have stayed the weekend before, at the main street in. It was nice, I can't complain, but it was a completely different experience. That felt like just staying in a hotel, very impersonal. Here, we felt like we were staying at someones house that we knew, but with our own room & bathroom. We're in our 30's and enjoy bar hopping at night down main street. Market street inn is a very, very short walk from main street, I can't think of a better location than this Inn.

We stayed in a Queen room, yes, they're relativly small, but we didn't care at all, it was cozy and we were out and about most of the day anyway so we didn't need anything big.

The only negative about this stay was the bed. SUPER comftorable (and super clean) pillows, sheet, etc... except the bed was a bit to springy, my wife and I kept waking each other up at night, but that wouldn't keep us from coming back, that's for sure.

Breatkfast was excellent, had it in our room each morning and kristin wasn't more than 1 minute off from when we asked to have it delivered. I was actually wating at the door with my hand on the door-knob one day when she knocked. :)

I can't say anything negative about this inn, awesome experience, unbeleavable staff, hidden bike rack out back, we're definately staying here next time we come to the island, no question, unless one of you reading take the last room the day that I plan on reserving a room, then I wont be happy! :)

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

We stayed at the Market Street Inn for 4 days in September it was breath taking Kristen the innkeeper was so friendly and outgoing it was like she was a part of our family. We stayed in the Garden Suite it was quite beautiful and just right for my husband and me. We go to the island every year for the last 7 years for our anniversary and this my far is the best place we have stayed at and we will be back Kristen was never far away if we needed anything. The breakfast was just right for us, we ate in the garden since the weather was quite nice. We are looking forward tp next year and Kristen I hope you are there cant wait to see you again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

I have stayed on Mackinac Island annually for 20 years and have stayed at many of the Hotels and B&B's on the Island. the Market Street Inn was the Best Experience I have had. Kristen, the Innkeeper was so welcoming and warm. The rooms are very comfortable and beautiful and the location is fantastic. I was wishing I didn't have to leave even though I stayed one night longer than I had planned. I will definitely stay there again, the sooner the better.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo

Been to Market Street Inn? Share your experiences!