“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dessert, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2009

My fiance and I had lunch at the Seabiscuit Cafe. The food was absolutely amazing. The chicken salad sandwich was some of the best food I had all weekend and my fiance loved the ceasar salad. Our waiter was great and even made us a couple house drinks that were delicious. This is definitely a restaurant you want to eat at while your on the island.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Ft Myers, FL
“Kevin was awesome....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

Visited the Island after a several year absence. I remembered Kevin from the Pub and Oyster bar. He was great. Will come back because of him.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Naples
“The great food and cozy atmosphere will bring us back again and again.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2009

We stopped at the Seabiscuit Cafe for lunch and had to sit at the bar because it was so busy and we didn't want to wait for a table. However, the seats were comfortable and the bar wide enough to make it enjoyable. The service was great, the staff was friendly and we did not wait long at all for our food. We both ordered the cherry cobb salad with grilled chicken and it was fabulous!!!!! The best I have ever had. I plan to go back soon and will happily take guests there. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who would like great food while enjoying an atmosphere in keeping with the Mackinac Island theme.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bay City, Michigan
1,020 reviews 1,020 reviews
2,149 helpful votes 2,149 helpful votes
“Average, at best I'd say....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2009

I could not get into the spirit of the Seabiscuit. It is a very small restaurant; service was good, however I felt the food was average, at best. The additional sauce they brought to me by request was cold, not heated, which made the rest of my roast beef sandwich taste pretty poor. My friend enjoye her meal more than I did. Nothing really caught my eye towards the decor, either. I feel there are many better restaurants on the island to choose from, but now I know..!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Bloomingdale, Illinois
“Would go back!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

We were at the Seabiscuit Cafe over Memorial Day Weekend and stopped in for lunch. The food was reasonably priced and tasted great. VERY large portion for my meal. I ordered the equivilent of a club sandwich and it was gigantic. Really enjoyed the sweet potato fries.

Service was a little slow when we first got there. We were sat and waited about 10 minutes before a server came to our table.

Other than that it was good food!