“Great stay with families with little ones” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn on Mackinac

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mackinac Island
Inn on Mackinac
You added Inn on Mackinac to your Saves list
6896 Main Street, PO Box 1716, Mackinac Island, MI 49757   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Great stay with families with little ones”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

As one of the few reasonable places on the island that allows kids under 3, we loved our stay. This was our second time. Great staff, great people to get your luggage to/from the dock, great housekeepers, great breakfast!! We love it here and will definitely be back!!

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Springboro, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

The Inn on Mackinac came highly recommended, and it didn't disappoint during our 4-night stay! It is small enough to have special personal touches, but large enough that it didn't feel like a tiny B&B. The Staff was quite friendly & helpful - willing to help with local recommendations and enjoyable to chat with. Our room was #203, a Colonial with 2 Queen Beds. Both the room and bathroom were spacious, and it looks as if the bathroom had been updated in the past several years. The beds and pillows were extremely comfortable. The breakfast was fantastic! It was a nice variety of hot and cold items, with plenty of healthy choices. There were other nice food touches such as the afternoon cheese, cracker, and lemonade.....and the evening fresh-baked cookies (left on your nightstand). The Inn's flowers are stunning! There is a lot of heart put into the planning and upkeep of them. The wraparound porch is enjoyable to lounge on, whether day or night. They have their own espresso bar and homemade fudge. We thought their fudge was better than a highly touted local fudge! On a map, it looks like it's far from town, but it is not -- just a few minute's walk away. It is nice to be away from the heart of downtown. Overall, two big thumbs-up for The Inn on Mackinac. We would certainly stay again!

Oaklyn, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I had a beautifully decorated room on the 4th floor with a small balcony overlooking the pool. Staff provided a lovely welcoming reception for our group. Breakfast buffet was good and the cookies at night was a nice touch.

Room Tip: Higher rooms in front will have some water views.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Excellent location in town. Staff were very accommodating. Cheese and crackers and lemonade in the lobby in the afternoon. Room was clean and comfortable except for shower. It was very small with no place to put soap or other shower accessories. Cookies are advertised but if you are not in your room you'll miss them. A lady goes around knocking on your door announcing "cookies". We were leaving to go out to dinner just as she came by so we got our "2". My sister and her husband missed them. Breakfast was good with a variety of choices including waffles, scrambled eggs and sausage. Plenty of juice and coffee. Overall, it was a very pleasant stay.

L'Anse, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stayed at the Inn on Mackinac on September 21st and 22nd. We originally booked the Cozy Colonial, but was informed at check-in that we had been upgraded to a room with a balcony. The balcony was big with a table and four chairs! I was a really nice surprise. The motel was warm and friendly with an amazing staff. The free breakfast was great, rivaling any breakfast buffet I have ever had. The have cheese and crackers out every afternoon which makes for a nice afternoon snack. The big porch on the second floor was very nice. Lots of chairs for people to sit on and watch the carriages and people go by. This motel has a lot of extra public rooms to gather and relax before going back out and enjoying the Island. I would recommend this motel to all my friends, and would definitely stay here again!!

Holland, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at the Inn on Mackinac three times now and I love it. It has the feeling of a bed and breakfast, but with all of the amenities of a hotel. The breakfast is great, you get fresh baked cookies every night, and they have a front porch that is perfect for people watching. I also enjoyed the spa pool. The online discount is great as well. I highly recommend!!

Hemlock, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I have been going to the Island all my life, and have stayed in numerous places, but this was my favorite. It could be the location- close enough to town but far enough for some quiet time as well.
The staff was exceptional!! Very friendly greeting from the young man at the dock to the clerk and housekeeping. We stayed in rm 201, turret room with queen. Nice and close to covered porch. Which was great to sit and watch the people go by with a cup of the free all day coffee, tea or hot chocolate. I can't forget to mention the cookies that were delivered to our rooms at bedtime. Yummy!! From the photos on line, I assumed we would not have a t.v. I was kinda bummed , but I would survive. However, when we settled into our little piece of heaven there was a t.v. after all. Bonus!! I agree with some of the other reviews about the noise from the house next door. I heard a large group at about 3:30 am. I know the Inn cannot control this , so I can not blame them. The breakfast was good with a nice selection of food. Overall, I loved our stay and will make my reservations here again.

Room Tip: Rooms in front give you a great view of street
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Inn on Mackinac? Share your experiences!