“My favorite place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn on Mackinac

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mackinac Island
Inn on Mackinac
You added Inn on Mackinac to your Saves list
6896 Main Street, PO Box 1716, Mackinac Island, MI 49757   |
Hemlock, Michigan
“My favorite place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I have been going to the Island all my life, and have stayed in numerous places, but this was my favorite. It could be the location- close enough to town but far enough for some quiet time as well.
The staff was exceptional!! Very friendly greeting from the young man at the dock to the clerk and housekeeping. We stayed in rm 201, turret room with queen. Nice and close to covered porch. Which was great to sit and watch the people go by with a cup of the free all day coffee, tea or hot chocolate. I can't forget to mention the cookies that were delivered to our rooms at bedtime. Yummy!! From the photos on line, I assumed we would not have a t.v. I was kinda bummed , but I would survive. However, when we settled into our little piece of heaven there was a t.v. after all. Bonus!! I agree with some of the other reviews about the noise from the house next door. I heard a large group at about 3:30 am. I know the Inn cannot control this , so I can not blame them. The breakfast was good with a nice selection of food. Overall, I loved our stay and will make my reservations here again.

Room Tip: Rooms in front give you a great view of street
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Alloa, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We were allocated a turret room which was just lovely but tiny. No hanging for clothes and no hairdryer. Asked and received a dryer but with 2 large cases open we didnt have any room to move. I was dissappointed! I agree with most of the positive reviews with the exception of the breakfast......I am sorry but when paying this sort of money I expect a bit better than powdered egg scramble, rubbery french toast and having this on a self serve style. We have done b & b's in other areas and never had buffet. The pool/hot tub was very nice and had plenty of towels and beds. The Inn is kept spotless and we enjoyed time on the porch.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
InnonMackinac, General Manager at Inn on Mackinac, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
We are sorry about the miscommunication. There is a spacious closet to the right of the bathroom with hanging space for your clothing and storage of suitcases. We also do have additional hairdryers at the front desk if your room does not have one.
Decatur, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed here for our honeymoon, and couldn't be happier with our choice! The room was comfortable and very clean. The staff was friendly and accommodating, the hot buffet breakfast each morning was wonderful, and the extra touches like coffee, tea and hot chocolate available 24/7 and the lemonade, cheese and crackers available each afternoon really made it feel like home. The 2nd floor wrap around porch was a great place to sit and relax. We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: If you are looking for a "working vacation" this is probably not the best choice. The wi-f...
West Branch, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

The Inn on Mackinaw is a cross between a hotel and a bed and breakfast. Nice and clean with friendly staff. The hot breakfast buffet is great with a variety of foods all hot and fresh. Coffee, tea and hot chocolate are available 24/7, with lemonade and cheese and crackers during the afternoon. Chocolate cookies are baked fresh each evening and delivered to your room. Great spot, away from down town yet still close. Lots of places to sit and relax both downstairs and on the wrap around porch upstairs. Handy bike rack just outside the door and their prices were the best of any in town. A hardy thumbs up!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
south western ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stayed here for one night in mid September. Everything was very satisfactory. Our room was a good size, with two queen beds and a little sitting area which overlooked the covered porch. As others have mentioned, the specials treats like the cheese, crackers and lemonade in the afternoon, and cookies in the evening are a nice touch. The location is great, just a short walk from the ferry docks, and the staff will take your luggage back and forth for you. Beautiful flowers in the front and on the porches made for some great photos. The breakfast was nice, I loved the hot biscuits. The walls here are somewhat thin though, so who ever was walking around and showering in the room above us at 4am woke me up. But I am a light sleeper, so it may not be an issue for others. All in all, we were very pleased with this inn and would recommend it to anyone wishing to spend a night or two in Mackinac Island and not pay a fortune for accommodation.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room if you are a light sleeper
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

First time we stayed at a bed and breakfast inn. We simple loved it. They was so friendly and it was so clean. The crackers and cheese and lemonade was very nice and warm cookies at night. Just a short walk from town and everything. Would stay their agin.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We're not "inn" people. Usually decisive, I had made three other reservations at different sites and cancelled before settling on Inn on Mackinac. That said, we chose this because several reviews said it had more of a hotel feel, and they were right. The inn has obviously been re-done top to bottom and it shows. No slightly off grandma smells anywhere, either, thank goodness. The clientele is wonderful. We met some great people here. Staff was so friendly and accommodating, too. They were able to secure us two adjacent rooms on rather short notice and also gladly made a taxi reservation for several different groups staying there all heading the The Woods restaurant at the same time. Breakfast was very nice and made fresh daily. It hit the spot before heading out for some active biking and hiking. The decor is inn-ish. While not my style, it is maybe a bit tired. The only downfall here was the paper-thin walls. I could very easily hear my friend's telephone conversations to her husband while she was in the room next door, and also the amorous couple either above me or on the other side of me came though loud and clear. Yuk. Fix the insulation/acoustics and you've got a real winner at Inn on Mackinac. PS-- A reviewer here stated there was no hair dryers in-room, but both our rooms had toiletries and hair dryers.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Inn on Mackinac? Share your experiences!