“Perfect Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Main Street Inn and Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mackinac Island
Main Street Inn and Suites
P.O. Box 178, 7408 Main Street, Mackinac Island, MI 49757   |
Ranked #1 of 13 hotels in Mackinac Island
Bel Air, Maryland
“Perfect Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

My husband and I spent 3 nights at the Main Street Inn in September. The location could not be better....right across the street from the Shepler's Ferry dock and in the middle of Main Street. We had an elegant suite that overlooked Main Street, so there was a lot of activity to watch, yet the room was very quiet. The staff was very friendly and could not have been more helpful. The only issue I had was one side of the bed was very soft compared to the other. I think it was time to flip the mattress.

Room Tip: Definitely request a room overlooking Main Street as they are bigger and brighter.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

305 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Combined Locks, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

The Main St. Inn is a charming place to stay. The views are fabulous. The suite my wife and I stayed in was roomy and well appointed. It overlooked the harbor and the street. The sounds of the horses hooves was soothing. My only complaint is that the plumbing is a little noisy but that can be easily overlooked.

• Stayed September 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I had read the great reviews about Main Street Inn, but was a bit concerned that I might be disappointed after staying at the Grand Hotel our first night on the island. Not so!! This is a most charming and delightful inn located in the heart of the action on Main Street. Of course, there are no cars on the island, so even though we were in the heart of town, there we no horns honking or sirens wailing, only the gently clip clop of horses hooves. Which by the way, is a wonderful almost hypnotic sound to fall asleep to -- much better than counting sheep! And, our bed was the most comfy bed that I've ever experienced away from home. The décor in our suite was just as charming as the outside of the Inn. I loved sitting out on our balcony overlooking the harbor and Main Street to people watch while inhaling the aroma of fudge being made below. The staff at the Inn were so accommodating and friendly. We felt very spoiled while staying there. Evening turn down service included a generous portion of JoAnn's delicious fudge. And, when we checked out they gave us a certificate for a half pound of this wonderful fudge to take home as a parting gift. Don't miss out on this charmer when visiting Mackinac Island.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Live Oak, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Wonderful stay 4 nights on the island. Convenient location and lovely room. Staff were fantastic from front desk to cleaning staff. Highly recommend. Staff gave helpful tips and suggestions. We felt very pampered. Would definitely stay again. Loved turn down service and free fudge. We even had movie night in our room and they made us popcorn! Fabulous customer service overall.

Room Tip: Our room, 204, was lovely but no view since we were on the back side but needed 2 beds. If view is i...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Would highly recommend the Main Street Inn & Suites for being clean & tidy! You can NOT beat the location on Main Street confident to all the restaurants & shopping! The hotel clerks were very friendly & accommodating to anything that was asked. First night our kids room didn't get fudge by the bed so the next night they got 2 which made them very happy. When we checked out got a certificate for 1/2 pound of free fudge per room, as a nice bonus to a GREAT STAY!
Would stay there again but would like to get another view which wasn't the best since we looked at a room of the next building..Views or Location??? Guess Location!

Room Tip: Would suggest not staying in 203 or 303 if you want a View!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Cleveland, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Spent the night in this Inn and truly enjoyed it. I'm very picky and it exceeded all my expectations. Very friendly customer service, immaculately clean rooms, comfortable beds, turndown service with fudge, bright and cheerful decor. We had a great stay and they even gave us a half pound of fudge as a gift on our way out. Great location surrounded by shops and restaurants. Loved it!

• Stayed September 2013
Alma, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

All of the positive reviews are correct--this is a lovely, new, pristine hotel with a location that can't be beat! My husband, 2 daughters and I stayed for one night and loved it. When I booked the room a month earlier, the only availability was a honeymoon suite, so my husband and I had a very comfortable king bed and lovely jacuzzi, while our teenaged girls slept in the adjacent room (one on the couch--not a sleeper sofa, but she didn't care--and one on a rollaway at no extra charge). The service was excellent, especially Megan at the front desk who had excellent restaurant recommendations and was very accommodating (even allowed my daughter to use the bathroom in the room before the room was actually ready). My only complaint is that the housekeeper neglected to turn off the alarm set by the previous guest, and so it went off, blaring at 6 AM! My husband thought he turned it off, but inadvertently hit "snooze," so in 15 minutes, it went off again. He unplugged it, but it had battery power, so in another 15 minutes, it went off a third time! I'm a very light sleeper, so I never did go back to sleep, and was very irritated because I had never intended to get up at that hour while on vacation! I reported this to Megan at the front desk and she apologized profusely. Normally, the hotel gives guests a card for 15% off of JoAnn's Fudge, and a free 1/2 pound of fudge, but because of this incident, Megan ensured that we had an entire pound of fudge free. We truly appreciated this gesture. I believe that the alarm incident was anomalous and in no way characteristic of this hotel, but my rating of sleep quality is totally based on the unanticipated wake-up time. That said, we would happily return to this hotel because of its lovely ambiance, its perfect location, and its outstanding front desk staff.

Room Tip: the honeymoon suite is FABULOUS and can accommodate a family if a child sleeps on a (non-sofabed) co...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Main Street Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!