We stayed at the Stoncliffe for a wedding from July 27th-29th. If not for the wedding and us never being there, I do not think I would have stayed here. If we come to the island again, we will not.
We stayed in the Summer house, so that we could have two beds and a fridge. It was my husband and I in 1 bed and a friend in the other.
The place is beautiful and so is the property. The place was clean and well maintained. The staff was nice and accomodating. We asked for an early check-in and we got one.
The property is far from town and the first time you ride the carriage it fun, but after that is long and boring. We do not mind walking, but when you are dressed up and in heels, it is not so fun. The staff made it seem as though the "hotel shuttle" was in the price of the hotel, but it was not.
For the price of the room, I would have expected someone to take our bags to our room and take them back down at check-out. That did not happen. When we arrived, our bags were sitting on the front porch with others, left unattended.
We got a note under our door the night before check-out stating that there were alot of check-out the next day and they needed to know an approximate time. They could just be like most hotels and speed up the process by just slipping the charges under the door and you turn in the keys the next day. So I did call on Saturday night and tell them the time and that we needed a taxi. They never offered to pick-up our bags and nobody was there to do it.
The food was okay. The breakfast was very basic. The food at the wedding was not as good as I expected.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Stonecliffe Hotel Mackinac Island
- The Inn At Stonecliffe Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn at Stonecliffe enjoys a storied place in Mackinac Island history. Built in 1904 as a family summer escape by industrialist Michael Cudahy, Stonecliffe has enchanted guests for nearly half a century. Situated high on the west bluff, Inn at Stonecliffe lodging comprises a classic Tudor-style mansion that offers 16 bed and breakfast style guest rooms, and the more modern Summer House Suites, with 31 richly appointed suites decorated in a classic summer cottage style with a light Victorian influence. Overnight visitors to Mackinac Island often observe that the best time to enjoy the island is in the early morning or late evening when the last ferry has carried the daily visitors back to the mainland. At The Inn at Stonecliffe, you’ll enjoy that feeling every moment of your stay. Anywhere you turn, tranquility and relaxation await, from the breathtaking bluff-top views of the Straits of Mackinac and Mackinac Bridge to the Inn’s lush, rolling lawns.Special Services and / or Features: • Breakfast Included• Air Conditioning• Onsite Dining and Cocktail Lounge• Weddings and Events• Kitchenettes• Bike Rentals • Cable Television• Outdoor Heated Pool• Private Baths• Telephones• Complimentary Wireless Internet• Non Smoking ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Orbitz, Venere and Agoda so you can book your The Inn at Stonecliffe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.