“In my opinion, the better carriage tour option” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Pompano Beach, Florida
7 attraction reviews
“In my opinion, the better carriage tour option”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We just returned from Mackinac Island where we shared one of the Arrowhead Carriages with another couple. The price for the one-hour tour is $100, so split among the four of us was about the same price as their competitor. HOWEVER, Arrowhead Carriages have seating for four adults only, and the driver speaks with you as you tour the island. Their competitor's coaches hold a LOT more people and their narrative is over a speaker system.

I think the photo currently used for this attraction on Trip Advisor is incorrect, and have attached one of the photos I took today.

Would not hesitate to recommend this company.

Visited June 2013

Redlands, CA
36 attraction reviews
“Great Tour, Great Driver”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We took a 1 1/2 hour carriage tour of the island and it was wonderful!!!!! Tyler, a young man who lives here 12 months a year and was raised here was our driver. He toured some of the lesser known spots and back roads of the island. He is completely knowledgeable about the island and its history. He was absolutely fantastic. It's not cheap, $100 per hour for 1-4 people, but it is worth every dime. We learned all kinds of facts about the island, its residents and its culture. This was the highlight of our day. There are all kinds of carriage tours, but this one can be picked up at the area near the ticket booth for the fort just below the fort. There are multiple tours operating from this location, so be sure to get the Arrowhead Carriage tours. We have taken others and they are by far the best on the island. A really big plus.

Visited June 2013
“Old man aweful”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Tour was good, the tour guy was nice. The guy running it I think his name was joe, is as rude as they come. I was in the park thinking about taking a tour with my family and he just would not stop pushing his tours saying they were cheaper and was so rude I finally walked away and got one at the ticket office down the road. Really if you want to act like that open a office, dont just sit around yelling at people.