I spent a week here as a Road Scholar participant as did another reviewer I'm not acquainted with. Our room was great! It had three beds, two bathrooms, two tvs and a small sitting area. It had a nice view of the water, was spotlessly clean and was freshened up each day. It was fun to have the windows open and hear the clip clop of horses hoofs on the road outside.
The food was varied and fantastic! The dining room was lovely and it helped to have the space heaters outdoors on the patio for the overflow crowd at meals.
You can rent bicycles there, though I preferred to go to a nearby place so I could also get a helmet.
The only horrible thing was that the people at the front desk did not plan well to have our suitcases taken to the ferry terminal. On the last morning, we were told to just leave our bags in our rooms and a bicycle porter would take them to the ferry waiting area. There were something like thirty people in our group, going to the different ferry terminals. We walked there and arrived 30-40 minutes early. Nervously waiting and waiting for our bags to arrive, an exhausted, young bicycle messenger finally arrived minutes before departure with about 6-8 suitcases or carry-on bags stacked and bunjee-corded all over the bike. I don't know how he survived without tipping over. Why the Inn didn't hire one of the many horse-drawn wagons on the island, I don't know. Make sure you find out the luggage plan as you're leaving and that the staff know the count and size of all the bags. If they had had it all brought down to the living room they would have seen what the challenge was. We could have pulled some of our own wheeled luggage if we had known what a disaster this was going to be.
In spite of this, we had a wonderful time on the island!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located a short walk from the best attractions on Mackinac Island, yet away from the bustling traffic of downtown. Our relaxing hotel complex offers a variety of rooms in four different buildings and complimentary breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Harbour View Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbour View Hotel Mackinac Island
- Harbor View Hotel
- Harbor View Mackinac Island