My wife and I have stayed at the Harbor View several times over the last 5 years and and always enjoyed our stays in the past. This year we went for three days over the 4th of July and spent the whole time choking on cigarette smoke. We stayed at the B&B and were shocked to find that they now allow smoking on the property. There was a sign in the guest rooms saying no smoking but it is apparently allowed everywhere else. We generally like to sit on the front porch for coffee in the morning and at the end of the day, but a group of chain smokers took up residence on the porch and hardly left. Also because the living room and dining room were just off the porch and the windows were wide open, everything, including breakfast, smelled like cigarette smoke. On the rare occasion the smokers left for a few hours every table on the porch was covered in ashtrays, provided by the Harbor View I assume, full of old cigarette butts .
I complained to the front desk and was told that smoking was allowed and that there was nothing they could do about it. It's a shame they have chosen to cater to smokers because otherwise the Harbor View is a nice place to stay. Needless to say we will be staying somewhere else the next time we come to Mackinac.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located a short walk from the best attractions on Mackinac Island, yet away from the bustling traffic of downtown. Our relaxing hotel complex offers a variety of rooms in four different buildings and complimentary breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Despegar.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Harbour View Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbour View Hotel Mackinac Island
- Harbor View Hotel
- Harbor View Mackinac Island