We stayed in a 2 queen room with an interior view. We were immediately wowed by the size of the room. The living room had ample room to sit and stretch out, A very long hallway led to the bedroom with the 2 beds. The bedroom was so huge, you could have fit 6 queen beds in that room :) It was perfect for our 2 adults and 2 teens.
We didn't stay in a balcony room. We had a window instead, which faced out to a backyard of the home behind us. There was a tree near the window, so greenery was the main thing you saw out the window, unless you walked right up to it. We were happy with this room, since we spent most of the daytime away from the hotel. We still heard horses whinny in the morning, and we liked the layout of the window room better (where the hall door opens into the living room rather than the bedroom). We would stay in the same type of room again.
The hotel is very close to all 3 ferry lines. We could easily walk to anywhere we wanted, including Fort Mackinac and the Grand Hotel (which looked far way on a map).
Just a couple of minor cons: We had a slight leak under our bar sink, so you want to avoid storing food under there that you can't get wet. Second, the wi-fi was really weak in our 3rd floor room. We only got decent connections part of the time.
All in all though, we made a great hotel choice!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lilac Tree Suites & Spa is located in the heart of downtown, centrally located to the ferry docks. We are surrounded by restaurants, bars, shops and most Island activities. We are an all Suites property featuring modern amenities that a traveler is accustomed. All suites have two large rooms separated by a bathroom with double vanity. All suites also have two 40" flatscreen tvs, wet bar with microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker, and pillowtop matresses in the bedroom. The Lilac Tree Spa is located on the ground floor of the hotel, offering massage, body wraps, facials, and nail services. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Lilac Tree Hotel Mackinac Island
- Lilac Tree Suites And Spa
- Lilac Tree Mackinac Island