I booked this hotel late and got a suite on the 4th floor. Our room was beautiful, the veranda off our room was a treat. Great views. The "grand" porch was impeccable. Absolutely wonderful place.
The hotel has a lot going on. There are multiple tours and visitors paying to see the hotel. It feels a bit like a cruise boat. In the dining room you are met and escorted to a table. Either the buffet at lunch or a dinner menu just like cruises is offered. It's not bad but not comfy cozy either.
I had some miscommunication with the front desk. This was immediately remedied by the manager. A woman, I wish I could remember her name.
Definitely stay here if you visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to America’s Summer Place. Every year since 1887, Grand Hotel has welcomed guests and families to Mackinac Island, where cars are not allowed and bikes and horse drawn carriages are the favored modes of transportation. As Travel + Leisure’s 500 World’s Best Hotels and Conde Nast Traveler's Top 5 Midwest Resorts in 2012, Grand Hotel offers outstanding accommodations where no two guest rooms are alike. Enjoy spectacular views of the Straits of Mackinac in a rocking chair on the world’s largest porch,complimentary children's programs, The Jewel golf course, swimming, tennis, lawn games, gardens, bicycling, carriage tours, shopping, Sadie's Ice Cream Parlor, and an experience you will never forget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and TravelClick so you can book your Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Mackinaw Island Michigan
- Grand Hotel Mackinac Island Michigan
- Grand Hotel Island Mackinaw
- Grand Mackinac Island