My husband and I stayed here during jazz festival and our family has come up again on a seperate occasion and we had a great time. The music was fantastic, our room was awesome, the people that work there are very helpful and caring. We rode bikes around the inside and outside of the island, swam in the Esther Williams pool, played tennis on the old fashioned tennis court and it was a great time! We were married on the island at the Windemere Hotel in the garden (owned by the Mayor of Mackinaw Island) and it was beautiful right on the water. We then walked up to the Grand in our formal dress and many people stopped to tell us they were celebrating their anniversary from that day. People cheered and clapped, it was awesome. We returned to the Grand at cocktail time when the photographers were out and we grabbed one to follow us around the Grand and take pictures of us. We bought the entire disc of pictures, it was amazing! So its creaky and flowery and the steps are slanted...this place has charm and character and history, that is what you get at the Grand and you will not be disappointed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to America’s Summer Place. Every year since 1887, Grand Hotel has welcomed guests and families to Mackinac Island, where cars are not allowed and bikes and horse drawn carriages are the favored modes of transportation. As Travel + Leisure’s 500 World’s Best Hotels and Conde Nast Traveler's Top 5 Midwest Resorts in 2012, Grand Hotel offers outstanding accommodations where no two guest rooms are alike. Enjoy spectacular views of the Straits of Mackinac in a rocking chair on the world’s largest porch,complimentary children's programs, The Jewel golf course, swimming, tennis, lawn games, gardens, bicycling, carriage tours, shopping, Sadie's Ice Cream Parlor, and an experience you will never forget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and TravelClick so you can book your Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Mackinaw Island Michigan
- Grand Hotel Mackinac Island Michigan
- Grand Hotel Island Mackinaw
- Grand Mackinac Island