My husband and I travel from CA to stay at the Grand Hotel for the Somewhere in Time weekend. We have done so for the last 7 years. We usually stay several days before and several days after the event. It is a trip we look forward to every year. The hotel is gorgeous and packed with history. The grounds are exquisite. Take advantage of any tours or lectures being offered. The cost of the weekend is not cheap but if you add on the extra days (at a lower rate) it is well worth it. Remember the room comes with breakfast and dinner. The food is excellent with a full American breakfast and a five course dinner. Those two meals plus a snack during the day is all you need. Maybe you can add some fudge that you pick up downtown. For the Somewhere in Time weekend a Saturday buffet lunch is included which is phenomenal. The employees were polite, courteous and professional. Any requests we have made have been done so in a timely manner. The owner Dan Musser is a wonderful man and very warm, accommodating and concerned about all of his guests. We look forward to seeing and talking to him every year. The hotel is an easy walk from the ferry and they take care of your luggage from the time you step onto the ferry to travel to Mackinac Island. We were fortunate to get a lakeside room our first year and we request a lakeside every year since. Yes, it is more money but the view you have from the moment you get up in the morning is breathtaking. We love staying at the Grand Hotel and highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to America’s Summer Place. Every year since 1887, Grand Hotel has welcomed guests and families to Mackinac Island, where cars are not allowed and bikes and horse drawn carriages are the favored modes of transportation. As Travel + Leisure’s 500 World’s Best Hotels and Conde Nast Traveler's Top 5 Midwest Resorts in 2012, Grand Hotel offers outstanding accommodations where no two guest rooms are alike. Enjoy spectacular views of the Straits of Mackinac in a rocking chair on the world’s largest porch,complimentary children's programs, The Jewel golf course, swimming, tennis, lawn games, gardens, bicycling, carriage tours, shopping, Sadie's Ice Cream Parlor, and an experience you will never forget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz so you can book your Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Mackinaw Island Michigan
- Grand Hotel Mackinac Island Michigan
- Grand Hotel Island Mackinaw
- Grand Mackinac Island