Had a very relaxing three days at the beautiful Grand Hotel and can not wait to return.
We had a very nice room on the first floor which over looked the lake and a wonderful street with beautiful victorian home's.
How peaceful it was to rock away on the front porch and hear the sound of the horse's as they pass.
Our package included three meals and a round of golf each day.
We found breakfast and lunch to be very good but a little hit and miss on the dinner choices.
Wine or any type of cocktail is "very expensive". We brought wine with us (thank goodness) so we were able to enjoy that after dinner.
They also offer dancing after dinner to a live band which makes the evening very special.
Just a note that men must wear a sport jacket at dinner and no hat's allowed at any time. Have to say the evening dress code add's to the charm.
In the afternoon they have high tea available while a harp plays in the back ground. You do not have to purchase the tea to enjoy the atmosphere and music.
This hotel may not be for everyone but if you enjoy stepping back to a slower pace for a few days this is the place to do it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to America’s Summer Place. Every year since 1887, Grand Hotel has welcomed guests and families to Mackinac Island, where cars are not allowed and bikes and horse drawn carriages are the favored modes of transportation. As Travel + Leisure’s 500 World’s Best Hotels and Conde Nast Traveler's Top 5 Midwest Resorts in 2012, Grand Hotel offers outstanding accommodations where no two guest rooms are alike. Enjoy spectacular views of the Straits of Mackinac in a rocking chair on the world’s largest porch,complimentary children's programs, The Jewel golf course, swimming, tennis, lawn games, gardens, bicycling, carriage tours, shopping, Sadie's Ice Cream Parlor, and an experience you will never forget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and TravelClick so you can book your Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Mackinaw Island Michigan
- Grand Hotel Mackinac Island Michigan
- Grand Hotel Island Mackinaw
- Grand Mackinac Island