“Nice bar, ok food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Maryville, Tennessee
“Nice bar, ok food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

Upon arriving on Mackinac Island, my boyfriend and I were starved. We took the suggestion of our inn keeper and tried Horn's. The white bean chili was phenomenal but I agree with a previous reviewer that the bacon and cheese sliders were underwhelming. Great beer and the bartender was super friendly! Waitstaff was pleasant, but not friendly.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Great night life”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

Good place for the island. Remember its a bar on a tourists island

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Keep walking...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

Given the higher cost of Mackinac Island restaurants, your money is better spent elsewhere. Food was bland and the service somewhat lacking. Next time I will walk the extra 60 seconds to more quality establishments.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Mackinac Island, Michigan
“Great food, Good value, Okay service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

I'm a new employee on the island and just arrived here, not knowing anyone, and I had only been to the island once prior to this- I was about 8. The waitresses were kind of rude when I walked in alone and it made me feel awkward (as if I didn't already feel weird about eating alone anyway) but they sat me in a comfy booth and gave me chips and salsa (which come with the meal) and I ordered the Chimichanga. It was huge! And very delicious- but than again how can anything covered in queso not be? My waitress was kind of indifferent at first but she did improve and overall I was super happy with my meal. My meal consisted of the chimi, chips, and ice water and cost me 10.44 (with my employee discount of 10%) so it was a pretty good value compared to a lot of other places! This restaurant also gives a view of main street. It is a "bar" on the inside, but a very upscale one that would also be appropriate for families. It had a nice yet laid back atmosphere, I would definitely take my family and my boyfriend here.

• Visited June 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gaylord, Michigan
“This was my favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

Pretty good value for the Island. Informal, good salsa, chips, burrito's, drinks.

• Visited May 2011