“Delicious! Can't wait to go back.” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: We are the smallest restaurant on Mackinac at twelve feet wide and forty feet long. We use fresh ingredients and have food delivered everyday.You can watch the cook/owner Don prepare your breakfast or lunch right in front of you.
travelcat26
“Delicious! Can't wait to go back.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I can’t believe I’ve been to the island so many times, yet we never tried the Chuckwagon until now. We were missing out. Breakfast was excellent!!! The place is tiny, but the food is worth waiting for. Or you could always get a breakfast sandwich to go. We will definitely be back.

Visited September 2012

Mackinaw City, Michigan, United States
“Good food, good prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

One aisle quaint restaurant on Mackinac Island offers terrific breakfasts and lunches. Fast and personable service. Good prices.

Visited December 2012
“I'm a burger fanatic and this hands down was the best burger I have ever had.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I'm from Toronto, Canada and travel quite a bit. I wanted to take a local trip somewhere and a friend suggested mackinac island which I've never heard of before. I told a lot of my friends about it when I got back and again, no one had heard of this place. It's absolutely breathtaking and incredible. The burger definitely was the best part of the entire trip...it was just that good. The pretzel buns probably are what made the burger by far the best I've ever had. I would go back literally just for the burger. I think I had the rattlesnake and it had just the right amount of spice and the coleslaw was great too. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Roadside Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I drove a horse drawn shuttle and was privvey to coffee served to me at the roadside every morning on my first round. Many of the restaurant's customers shared with me the great quality of the food as well as the friendly service. They are great people and I'm so happy to see the public's positive comments.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Harrison Township, Michigan
“Just what the doctor ordered”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

It's exactly what I was looking for. It's a tiny diner w/ something for everyone on the menu. Good homemade breakfast. I had the biscuits and gravy, not bad. The person next to me ordered the breakfast burrito, I was a little envious. I'll be here for breakfast again. Give it a try. I'm guessing it's the best place on the island for breakfast.

Visited October 2012