“Had a fun and interesting time” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Walking tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Haunts of Mackinac offers a variety of walking tours for those interested in history, legends, and ghost stories. Join us on an adventure into the unknow. One of our stops on the tour is Mission Point Resort as featured on Syfy Channel's Ghost Hunters.
“Had a fun and interesting time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

Much more interesting than the horse tour and the guide didnt smell of old barn clothes....we met Kim and Limerick and they were a hoot

Crystal Lake, Illinois
“Best Tour On Mackinac!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

My wife and I went on the Midnight Tour (which starts at 10pm) and we absolutely loved it and recommended it. Just want to give some of the highlights:

The tour starts at the Lilac Tree hotel and works its way to Mission Point, where you have a ghost hunt the last half hour. The walking tour was cool to hear the history of the island, the stories of why it’s haunted, and also the stories of the hauntings that have occurred, past and present. Walking on the streets with no one around hearing these tales is spooky, even if you don’t believe in that kind of stuff, which we really don’t.

As for our tour guides, Anne was our first guide. My wife, myself, and a few other people in the group really did not care for her. Her delivery seemed like she was telling ghost stories to 5 year olds rather than 20 adults. She also lost her train of thought and contradicted herself a few times in the process. She has a lot to remember, so we gave her the benefit of the doubt until at the end she asked for tips in an indirect way. Everyone was just looking at eachother like “did she just say that?!?!”. Totally unprofessional.

Our tour guide in the theater was Lemach, who was GREAT! Totally had great delivery, scared us a few times, and really didn’t try to lie to people just to get them excited. We had some readings on our machine, and he dismissed it right away, where he could have totally lied to us. Thought he was outstanding!

Lastly, the next day my wife and I were walking around Main Street at about 1am and went to the Fort because there were a lot of stories in that area. We went to the staircase where there was no one around, and after getting spooked and leaving heard gunshots in the distance…just like the stories. I don’t believe in that stuff, and I’m not nuts…I’m sure there is a good explanation, but because of that tour it makes you wonder!

Highly suggest it!

Visited September 2012
Illinois, United States
“Learn About "Passed" Mackinac Islanders”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

The Haunts of Mackinac Tour is a great way to spend an evening on Mackinac Island. Since staying at Mission Point, we (my husband, my mother and myself) decided to embark on the Haunted Tour of Mission Point. Sonnet, our tour guide, was a phenomenal story-teller! One person in our tour group even experienced a Harvey prank during the tour.....she was pinched on the bottom as we were about to enter the theater.....no joke. My husband was behind her and her husband and he witnessed her turning around to tell her husband to "stop it." Her husband was several paces behind her and asked her "stop what?" The tour was intrigueing and historically educational, not fake or scary. Much of the tour is outside; so, dress warm if necessary and taking a small flashlight wouldn't hurt a thing. Two thumbs up! I'm getting ready to go to bed in Harvey's old dorm building......if he visits during the night, I will be sure to report in the am. ;)

Visited September 2012
Tyler, Texas
39 attraction reviews
“Intresting tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

The tour director was interesting and provided many ghost stories of the area. It was a long walk back to town at the end of the tour. No ghost sighting this time.

Visited August 2012
Omaha, Nebraska
48 attraction reviews
“Just As Expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Interesting tour and just as I expected. This is more for the fun of it than to actually see ghosts or haunts. The guides were interesting and knowlegable. Our tour of downtown actually ended at Mission Point. They will call a cab for you although we made the long walk back to our hotel The Grand as it was a lovely evening. They do have you wear neon light up necklaces so they know who's on the tour - my husband wasn't too thrilled with that, but understood why they had us do it. Definitely a to-do while on the island especially since nighttime activities are slim.

Visited August 2012