“Never rode a horse before - great experience!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Buffalo, NY
7 attraction reviews
“Never rode a horse before - great experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

I was a little nervous because I'd never rode a horse before but Cindy's made it a great experience and now I'd love to do it again! We requested a guide since we had no experience and I believe our guide's name was Jess? She's an 8th generation island resident so it was really cool to pick her brain about life on the island while we rode around. We got a very brief tutorial about how to turn and stop the horses and we were off! The horses we were given were Mark and Jewel. I was on Jewel and she was a slower walker so every so often she'd realize she was falling behind and would run to catch up with Mark. That certainly made things interesting because I never really knew when she was going to break into a trot! The horses were easy to ride though and we took a nice varied path through streets and wooded paths. It was a great way to experience the island! I would definitely recommend this as a 'Must-do' activity on the island!