“Charming place and great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Metivier Inn

and 1 more site!
You added Metivier Inn to your Saves list
Metivier Inn
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   7466 Market St, P.O. Box 285, Mackinac Island, MI 49757   |
Grand Rapids
“Charming place and great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2009

The Metivier Inn is in a great location on Mackinac Island. It is just behind the main street, so you do not have to carry your bags far. The rooms are a comfortable size and the breakfast in the morning is wonderful! You will definitely be full from breakfast! If you are not sure where to stay on the island, give the Metivier a try.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2008

My husband and I booked a room for a wedding that was being held on the Island, and we are so happy we didn't stay at the wedding site. The Inn was very quiet, and low-key (granted we weren't there too much during the day due to the wedding). The room was very clean, and had everything that I could possibly want right there. I loved that there was a nightlight in the room, and the bed was like sleeping on a huge fluffy cloud. Normally I don't fall asleep on my back, but here I had no trouble- the instant I hit those fluffy pillows I was out! The heater was attached to the wall, and with the push of a button on the remote we had the perfect temperature, with a humidifier included to make sure we didn't get too dry. I also loved that it was a thirty second walk to the ferry docs, so carrying our own luggage wasn't a big deal (we didn't feel like waiting for it to arrive by porter). The breakfast in the morning was great- my husband thought it was so-so because he's more of a hashbrowns, sausage, omlette guy- but I was very happy with it. They had a crockpot full of warm oatmeal with apples and raisins in it that was so delicious (I wish I had someone to make that at home for me!) There was also an egg casserole, ham, different breads to toast, and fruit salad. The staff were also very friendly and accomidating. I would definately stay here again if I come back to the Island!

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Wrens, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2008

My wife and i stayed here for 1 night and really liked that it was off the main street which made it a lot more relaxing and quiet and slower paced. very nice flowers and easy walk to main street. our room did not have much for old time charm for of a newer add on. HATED the shower and showerhead! My wife warned me after taking her shower first. I almost went down and requested to change rooms. My back was against the shower wall my arm was against the shower wall and my other arm was outside of the shower. The showerhead is very low and when i stood there and had it pointed all the way down it was still spraying water in my face. But the bed was awesome! Very nice mattress.

• Liked — Very quiet street away from hustle and bustle I went to get away from.
  • Disliked — The refridgerator box sized showers.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
St. Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2008

We had a second floor suite with windows on two sides; very comfortable for three adults. We had a breeze through it. The a/c worked quietly and effectively as well. Since we were on the side/back it was very quiet. Only the noise of the blacksmith down the street working on horseshoes interrupted my mid-afternoon nap. The side porch outside our room was a great place to sit and read.

The manager and his wife are very helpful and friendly; they are one of the assets of this great B&B. Breakfast was good and the coffee especially great.

The Metivier was renovated and expanded in the 1980's. The bathrooms are a decent size, fairly modern and impeccably clean. The rooms are well decorated, in fact the attention to detail made them especially nice. The gardens are another strong asset as they are very beautiful and well kept.

There is a stable across Market street so at times one noticed the presence of the horses while sitting on the front porch. This really isn't much of a drawback since that is part of the Mackinac Island experience.

We will stay there next time we go to the island.

• Liked — Neat B&B, great location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2008

We stayed at the Metivier Inn on the nights of July 18 and 19, 2008. Our small third floor room (with a/c) was $200 plus each night before taxes, fees, etc. The Inn is a nice old victorian structure that has been thoroughly renovated, with lovely grounds. The husband-wife owner-operators are on-site and available to answer all your needs (at least the ones we had). The included breakfasts were wonderful. The Inn is conveniently located just one street up from the docks, yet was very quiet. I cannot recommend it more highly. We would definitely return on another visit to Mackinac Island.

• Liked — Treated like home
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2008

We stayed at the Metivier for one night during our Honeymoon. The rooms are small, but quaint and clean. The staff was very helpful and attentive to everything that we needed. Though the weather was terrible for mid-July (rainy and upper 50s, low 60s), the porch was great. We enjoyed the complimentary coffee, tea, and snaks that are provided throughout the day.
The Metivier is in a great location. Just a block from downtown, but away from busy Huron Street. We would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Location, Staff, cleanliness, breakfast
  • Disliked — The Weather!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Grand Rapids
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2008

We had an absolutely fabulous time. We booked the Metivier for our honeymoon. They upgraded us to the Jacuzzi room which was fantastic after a day of biking around the island. The staff were delightful to deal with. Waking to the smell of coffee and breakfast was awesome. We adored being able to drink our bottle of wine on their quaint porch with the other "tenants" and get to know each other. I would highly recommend this B&B to others.

• Liked — The atmosphere was quaint and hospitable.
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Metivier Inn? Share your experiences!