“Quaint, quiet, and a great experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cloghaun Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mackinac Island
Cloghaun Bed and Breakfast
You added Cloghaun Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
Market Street, PO Box 1540, Mackinac Island, MI 49757   |
Astoria, Illinois
“Quaint, quiet, and a great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

After my wife told me how much she loved Mackinac Island, I decided to plan a trip in August 2012 for just the two of us, as somewhat of a "last hurrah" before our twins were born in October. She had always stayed at Island House, but we decided to give Cloghaun a try after reading the amazing reviews here on TripAdvisor. It was as advertised! Friendly hospitality, close to the action yet far enough away to be a quiet spot, and just a block away from the main downtown area. We would certainly go back.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Lansing, Michigan, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

This is the 5th place I've stayed on the island (3rd B&B) and I would definitely come back. The rooms were small, but very comfortable and clean. The location was excellent, right near the action but away from the noise of the downtown bars. The porch was lovely and large. There was always room for us to sit out there and the hosts (and guests) were all very friendly. I was worried when I arrived because my room was at the top of the stairs and many guests would pass by. However, we didn't hear one person walk by. I love Mackinac Island and I don't think I'd stay anywhere else from now on. The price is right, the food is good (the breakfast has more to choose from than at other places I've stayed except for the Grand Hotel) and the location is great.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
St. Louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

My husband and I just got back from Mackinac Island in Michigan. We spend 3 nights there. We stayed at theCloghaun B & B. The staff is very friendly and it is in a perfect location. I would definately recommend this place. It is a little different then other B & B's that we have stayed at as far as the breakfast goes. Don't expect a full breakfast that gets served to you. The breakfast is more like a continental breakfast. They do offer tea in the afternoon with some type of baked goody from 3:00 until 5:00 p.m. We did not get to enjoy the goodies because we were always out exploring the island during that time.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room #1 which had a balcony. Very nice.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Arrived to a cheery smile and a clean, nice room, the common rooms are comfortable and the tea in the afternoon, a nice touch. Breakfast was okay, but a buffet and not anything special, not a-lot of variety. Hard boiled eggs, and oatmeal in an envelope, quiche, and a breakfast bread. Tea should be available all day long not just at 3-5. Beds were comfortable but would have loved a pillow top. Porch is the best with soft cushions, lots of space and a great view. Housekeeper from Jamaica is a keeper, so sweet.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
miami fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Lovely, magical inn. The staff was friendly, rooms clean, breakfast was good and the tea was a wonderful afternoon pick-me-up. The porch is a great place to sit and watch the world go by. Highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
detroit
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Very friendly staff, the innkeepers and Clover, the housekeeper, were extremely nice and helpful. The garden area and porch was a nice place to relax and people watch. The deluxe continental breakfast included delicious egg bakes. The afternoon tea was a nice way to relax before heading out to dinner. I would definitely recommend this place, however the room I had did not have air-conditioning, ceiling fans and window fans so the room was comfortable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Really great place. The feeling of an old historical place that it is, but with all the modern comforts. The innkeepers Marty and her son Paul were great hosts. Excellent location in the city. Definitely the place to stay on the Island.

Room Tip: The first floor room off the library was a perfect room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Cloghaun Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!