My husband treated me to a two night stay at Mission Point Resort for our 15th wedding anniversary on Aug. 22nd and 23rd. He purchased the Island Romance package and got a hot tub suite. Our package included the round trip ferry ride, two breaksfasts and one dinner at Chianti, a half day's bike rental, luggage transfer to and from the Resort, a bottle of sparkling wine, cheese plate, and chocolate covered strawberries on the day we arrived. Our suite was in the Straits Lodge. It is a bit of a walk from the Main Lodge. However, for people not in the pique of health, there are benches along the way to stop and sit, which we did. Our first evening we dined at the Roundhouse Bar and Grill that is just off the lobby. The service was great and the food wonderful. We enjoyed our hot tub the first night. It was really great. The deck afforded a lot of privacy and there was a canopy around the hot tub itself to further ensure privacy from windows on the upper floors. There is no air conditioning but our room had ceiling fans and box fans provided. My husband set them up and the room was so sufficiently cooled that at times I was actually cold. Breakfast at Chianti is buffet style and well worth the $14.99/person. For us, it was part of the package. Our second afternoon, we were pleasantly surprised to be the recipient of a bottle of wine and cheese plate delivered to our room by the hotel staff. Just another amenity provided by the resort. This was a great snack to hold us until our 7pm dinner reservation at Chianti.
For dinner that evening at Chianti, I ordered the Grilled Ribeye.This is a $35 dinner, the most expensive on the menu. I can only say that this was the best steak I have had in my life. It was cooked to perfection at medium rare as I had ordered it. It melted in mouth. It was accompanied by roasted potatoes and broccolini. This was a to-die-for meal. With the vouchers from the resort, we could choose either an appetizer/soup and entree combination or and entree and dessert. Both my husband and myself chose the option with dessert. My husband ordered chocolate cake and I ordered Tiramisu. We were in dessert heaven!!
-For those that complain of no airconditioning, we were told by staff members that the resort was adding it and by next year every room would have it. Truthfully, I didn't miss it.
-For those that complain about the decor, I found it rustic looking and very inviting.
-My only suggestion to the resort would be a little more information in the confirmation email of what to expect when reserving a package deal. We didn't know how it would work with the items included in our package. As it turns out, we were given vouchers upon check in. Also, upon arrival late in the day at the dock, it would have been helpful if the Mission Point information booth was still open. We had no idea how to get to the resort without walking, which was not possible due to the items we were carrying. We did eventually find a taxi due to a lady that was also staying at the resort. I was confused on the taxis because they had certain hotel names on them. I later found out that this was just advertising, not the hotel's personal transport.
- For families, there is an arcade, pool, hot tub, activity center, theater showing first run movies, a spa, a kids club for smaller children and bike rental all on the property. There is also a gift shop and worship services available.
All in all, this was a really great trip. We enjoyed having time together without our kids. But, are planning on saving up for a return trip to include our kids. We think the resort is well worth every penny we spent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Mission Point Resort, Mackinac Island's only full service casual resort. With so much to do, you'll never want to leave the resort, but with all that Mackinac Island has to offer being right at your doorstep – it's also the perfect setting to experience the history that is Mackinac Island. Whether you are looking for your next Michigan family vacation, romantic getaway, or corporate retreat, welcome to Mission Point Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Mission Point Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mission Point Hotel Mackinac Island
- Mission Point Mackinac Island
- Mission Point Resort Mackinac Island