“Good clean motel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn - Ludington

You added Americas Best Value Inn - Ludington to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn - Ludington
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5095 W US 10, Ludington, MI 49431 (Formerly Days Inn Ludington)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights - Save 20%
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Ludington
Nashville, Tennessee
“Good clean motel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

My girlfriend and I were very happy with this motel which is in a great spot with plenty to do. From the moment we got there the staff were very friendly and helpful, also the room was very clean and roomy.

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Millington, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

Hotel staff was pleasant. The room could have been cleaner. Upon inspecting the bed I found a fresh coffee or soda stain and some "sticky" stains on the top sheet. I am very sure the sheets had not been changed. When I complained to the staff they argued with me that the sheets had been changed; but finally apologised and gave me clean sheets to put on the bed.

Room Tip: Not a bad hotel, the problem was with the housekeeping.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Lansing, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

I reserved a third floor kitchenette room and, upon check-in, was given a first floor jacuzzi tub room with no explanation. We stayed five days/four nights and the room was cleaned three of the days. The other two days, the beds were made and the towels changed but no cleaning took place, coffee was not replaced, and toiletries were not replaced. Overall, the room was fine, as long as you don't expect extremely clean conditions.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

Decent stay. The employee at the front desk was a little gruff, his people skills were less than polite--though he seemed to think he was funny.

• Stayed July 2011
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

We have stayed @ Days Inn Ludington a few times before and never had a problem. But never again! After reading the "bed bugs" review I now understand why we didn't get the 3rd floor kitchenette room that I reserved online but instead a whirlpool room with a large hole cut out and a not so sturdily secured piece of plexiglass inserted! I didn't complain about the room change, I didn't complain about the hair all over the shower or the kinda moldy crud on wall and floor tile (even though I have a severe mold allergy), or the alarm clock that kept some form of time unknown to me. The staff is very friendly, the expansion of the breakfast area is a great improvement, the room was acceptable, I've seen much worse. My issue is that I am waiting for the manager to return numerous phone calls made to attempt to clear up a charge placed on my credit card, without my knowledge. And apparently I am not the only guest that has discovered this charge, on the 3rd attempt to speak to the manager about this they thought my husband was a different customer! Smokers beware!!!!!! Make sure you walk several feet away from your room door before you light!!!!!!! Even though they allow you to smoke outside the door of your room and many of the staff witness you smoking OUTSIDE on a regular basis, and staff members hold pleasant conversations with you while you're smoking OUTSIDE and you open doors for staff members with hands full of laundry baskets while you're smoking OUTSIDE they will slap you with a $250 charge because they smell smoke! I respect other peoples rights. You can't expect that there won't be a smell of smoke when you are litteraly inches away from the door. And what if you leave the door cracked open while you are outside? They need to move the smoking area away from the doors! I doubt I will ever receive a call back from management and from reading the other reviews I notice only the positive ones are responded to! I guess we will go back to Holiday Inn, or maybe try one of the others there in Ludington. I will be sending a letter along when I send back my Wyndam Rewards Card.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
DILudingtonGM, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Ludington, responded to this review, July 9, 2011
Dear RunninOnE8,

We would like to thank you for your repeat business, but am sorry to hear your displeasure at the smoking fee we were required to apply to your stay. Indeed, we are a 100% non-smoking establishment, which is a requirement by law by the state of Michigan. Your review continually stresses being "outside" to smoke, but what is relevant in this case is smoke that enters the room. Simply being outside does not negate smoke drifting into a guest room if the door is left ajar, as was admitted to in your review.

Because smoke can linger on people's clothing we try to be fair with any residual odors in a guest room upon check-out. After housekeeping has thoroughly cleaned the room and laundered all linens, bedspreads and blankets we perform a second inspection. If at that time the odor remains the guest in question is charged our published $250 fee which covers a professional carpet cleaning, cleaning of all upholstered furniture and draperies, and multiple applications of an ozone machine. It is time consuming and renders the room unsellable for days at times, costing us on both fronts.

Again, I'm very sorry the full repercussions of your actions weren't obvious, but we at the Days Inn of Ludington have a no-tolerance policy for guests who treat our rooms with neglect. Please enjoy a neighboring property during your next visit to Ludington.
Lawndale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

Lets start with - loved the pillows, wanted to take them home. Staff was kind and very friendly. Even when my grandkids were at the hotel to visit me, everyone was pleasant which can be hard with 2 very hyper-active grandkids out of the 3 that were visiting me one day. This holet hides behind a kids mini golf course but once you get there, it is great. Room was kept clean, washer & dryer were available and clean. Will plan on staying here next year when I make my trip to this area again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
DILudingtonGM, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Ludington, responded to this review, June 21, 2011
Dear Bonnie,

We are so happy you chose us for your lodging needs while in Ludington! With our adjacent fun park which provides a mini golf course and go kart track, we consider ourselves the family-friendly hotel in Ludington. Please come back and see us!
Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

This is the second year in a row that we have stayed with you on Lakesride weekend. Our son and daughter both ran int he 1/2 marathon and we were there to cheer them on. We love the hospitality and cleanliness of your hotel and the friendly staff. It is fair to say that the Ludington Days Inn is now our Official Lakestride Hotel.

Room Tip: Wyndham Rewards Program advance booking
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Dear Benger76,

Thank you for your positive review! We will continue to provide clean, quiet accomodations and great service to all of our guests. See you for the 2012 Lakestride!

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Ludington? Share your experiences!