“Beautiful historic Victorian home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ludington House Bed And Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ludington
Ludington House Bed And Breakfast
You added Ludington House Bed And Breakfast to your Saves list
501 East Ludington Avenue, Ludington, MI 49431   |
Ranked #2 of 14 Ludington B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
“Beautiful historic Victorian home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

This trip was a surprise birthday present from my boyfriend so he planned the trip.
This Victorian home is absolutely gorgeous, our room was stunning(complete with fireplace and bath salts, very romantic), the breakfast was delicious, and the Innkeeper, Kris, was a wonderful host.
We had a wonderful relaxing time while visiting here :)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Sturgis, mi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

Our stay at the b & b was delightful! The rooms and furnishings are so perfectly decorated to reflect the time period of its construction. Bill filled in many historical details for us that made the stay even more intriquing, imagining life in the last century. The breakfast was delicious, and so elegantly served in the dining area.
Several restaurants in town were closed on Mondays, but we found that the James St. Pub had the most delicious Traverse City salad, that it gives us another reason to return to Ludington!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Columbia City, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

My wife and I made the trip up from Indiana to celebrate our 23rd wedding anniversary. Upon arriving we knew we made the right choice. Our hosts were great and very helpful in guiding us to some great places to eat and things to see. The house was in great shape and the grounds looked spectacular. We would recommend the Ludington House to anyone. The whole area around Ludington is recommended. Go to the state park north of Ludington

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Elburn, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

Ingredients
1 loaf French bread (13 to 16 ounces)
8 large eggs
Dash salt
Praline Topping, recipe follows
Maple syrup
Directions
Slice French bread into 20 slices, 1-inch each. (Use any extra bread for garlic toast or bread crumbs). Arrange slices in a generously buttered 9 by 13-inch flat baking dish in 2 rows, overlapping the slices. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, half-and-half, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and beat with a rotary beater or whisk until blended but not too bubbly. Pour mixture over the bread slices, making sure all are covered evenly with the milk-egg mixture. Spoon some of the mixture in between the slices. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.

The next day, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Spread Praline Topping evenly over the bread and bake for 40 minutes, until puffed and lightly golden. Serve with maple syrup.

Praline Topping:

1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and blend well. Makes enough for Baked French Toast Casserole.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Hastings, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

The innkeepers have a house with an interesting family whose genealogy goes back centuries with connections to kings and saints, and becomes local lumber barons. The home has been restored nicely. It is not over-crowded with decor, but spacious and comfortable. The rooms are large, the beds are luxurious, and the breakfasts are fit to be served to royalty, and we felt treated royaly.

Room Tip: We thought #4, the Rose Room, esp nice. It is around the corner from other rooms, not adjoining or o...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

I was traveling alone and like to stay at B&B's when I do so, as I feel safer. The Ludington House is a beautiful place and has a lot of ambience and comfort to it. One caveat: even though the individual rooms are air-conditioned, the rest of the house is not. I was there during a heat wave and would have liked to have spent some time in the house's charming parlor, but it was just too hot. The breakfast room was steaming; although the food was delicious, I ate quickly just because it was too warm to sit there. I was in a rather quaint room that had a clawfoot bathtub--in the corner of the room itself! Fine for me, but my husband would have hated that.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

We just got back from our Michigan vacation, and I was itching to review this bed and breakfast. I have done quite a bit of traveling with my mother, and we love to check out bed and breakfasts around the country. I have to say that this one is one of the best I've seen. I love old homes, and this is one definitely fits the bill. The owners, Bill and Kris, do a wonderful job running it. The home is big enough so you don't feel like you're crowded by other guests but oh so cozy and beautiful. Every room (I think there were 8?) is absolutely beautiful, and each has something different to offer. Breakfast was delicious, and Kris is full of wonderful ideas for things to do while you're in town (and what a cute town). What I enjoyed best about this bed and breakfast is that these two have done a great job of preserving the historical feel of the home but not at the expense of comfort. Often times I've comes out of a bed and breakfast with a bad back, freezing, or dying to watch a little news on tv. These rooms are equipped with wonderful mattresses, small tvs, little cookies for snacks, and wonderful old-style bathtubs (the original tub is still in the rose room). I will definitely be back, and I would recommend this old home to anyone coming through Ludington.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Ludington House Bed And Breakfast? Share your experiences!