“We love the Viking Arms Inn” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Direct and Save!
Ranked #6 of 15 hotels in Ludington
Grand Blanc, Michigan
“We love the Viking Arms Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

The Viking Arms Inn is our favorite place to stay in Ludington. We try to return at least once each summer and are never disappointed. Rates are reasonable, the pool/hot tub is wonderful and the owner is a great guy. Rooms are clean and well kept. Downtown Ludington is a 2-3 minute drive, where parking is plentiful. The state park beach is a 10 minute drive and home to pristine beaches and dunes.
We typically stay in "hotels" in large cities and are so pleased with the small "motel" atmosphere of the Viking Arms with it's friendly owner and beach town feel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

64 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

Stayed here for 2 nights on a motorcycle trip from Houston, TX. We had booked a room with 2 doubles but when the owner saw that there were 3 of us he upgraded the reservation to the room with 3 beds , no charge.
The motel was not busy and the pool and the hot tub hit the spot.
Rooms were clean and well kept.
A great "Mom and Pop motel"

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Saint John, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

While vacationing at Lake Hamlin, my husband had an accident and broke his leg. He was taken to Memorial Medical Center in Ludington which is across the street from Vikings Arms Inn. I had to get a motel for the four days he was hospitalized. Since I had never stayed in a motel by myself before, I was a little nervous, scared and uncomfortable. From the moment I stepped into the office for the first time until I left four days later, I was always treated so kindly and felt very comfortable and safe. I had no idea how many nights I would need to stay, so each day I would check in and tell them I'd be saying another night. The owners were always so pleasant and very caring, as they always asked about my husband's condition. The parking spaces were numbered according to rooms, so I really liked having the same spot. The room was quite nice and very clean; the bed was actually comfortable. My room was cleaned promptly each morning. On one occasion, I left my purse in my duffle bag while I left for at least an hour, and nothing was missing, even though the cleaning ladies came during that time.
I only used the pool once, but it was clean, and there were plenty of lounge chairs available. The whirlpool is a nice added feature.
I could not have had a more pleasing experience. I feel fortunate that there was a vacancy at this motel. I did check out two other places before deciding upon Viking Arms Inn, so I actually made a great decision.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Wheatfield, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2010

Our families and friends have been coming to Ludington, MI. for over 25 years. We stayed in different hotels the first year or two, then we found the Viking Arms Inn. We try to come back every year, and we always stay at the Viking Arms. We brought our children when they were small, now we bring our grandchildren. The rooms are spacious, very clean, comfortable, and beautifully decorated. The pool is large with a connecting hot tub, which is great for adults to be able to relax and keep an eye on their children in the pool. All of this combined with soft outdoor music is the perfect way to spend a relaxing afternoon. The grounds are impeccably kept. The gazebo, surrounded by beautiful hydrangeas and hanging flowers, offers a quiet area to sit and chat with friends or other guests. We have many years of treasured memories of Ludington MI., and this is thanks to the wonderfully kind and caring owners and staff of the Viking Arms Inn. Last but not least, the price is very affordable. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to have a great vacation!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Seymour, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2009

Riding a motorcycle sometimes is a problem at places but at the Viking Arms Inn they treated us as King and Queen. Love the atmosphere and the room was neat and clean. Within walking distance of places to eat which was enjoyable to us. The hot tub was awesome and attached to the pool for easy access. First class place and we can't wait to go that way again. Thank you so much for a comfortable and affordable place to stay. My wife has even wished that there was one in our area with that setting. Thank You so much.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Michigan, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

The motel is a local family-owned operation and the owners are very nice. The rooms are comfortable and clean and the price reasonable. Easy to recommend.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Crystal River, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2009

This has been our third stay at Viking Arms. The owners are most friendly and accomodating. Rooms are very clean and comfortable.
We plan on staying there everytime we vacation in Ludington.
Even though we have family there, we always spend part of our visit at Viking Arms.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Viking Arms Inn? Share your experiences!