“Local charm” 3 of 5 stars

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
“Local charm”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I loved the mismatched tables and chairs. I loved the old fashioned tablecloths. The food was terrific. I enjoyed the baked ham and Brie sandwich. It was more than I could eat! I was tricked, too. I bent down to pick up a coin, but found out it was glued down! :) My only complaint was the air vent by the cash register. It was black with what looked like mold. I hope that gets cleaned. Great service and food. The bakery items looked yummy.

Visited June 2013

Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Very satisfied!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great food, great service, a little overpriced for things that don't even including bakery items (ie chicken salad) but still, delicious!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

This used to be my favorite breakfast place in Ludington. Lately they have been inconsistent with both their food and service. Most of their long time wait staff has left after being here for as long as I can remember. That usually says a lot about how a restaurant is being run. Time to find a new favorite place. Almost forgot to mentions meal today was served cold as if it was made a long time ago and just sitting out.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Amazing Sandwiches”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I wanted a good quality sandwich and being a bread lover I was intrigued they use their own homemade bread. I wasn't disappointed. I had the Grilled Roast Beef then went back and had the Turkey Reuben the next day and both were great! Our waitress was efficient in spite of how busy the place was. They had a line out the door and every table full the whole time we were there and still felt we received good service. Can't wait to go back! I also found their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/chefjohnsludington

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Quality soup and sandwiches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Took my family out for lunch and we wanted sandwiches. We saw the reviews for Chef John's and decided to give it a try. The sandwiches were excellent and the havarti soup was superb.

We also bought pastries to take home and they were very good as well. The only constructive comment I have is the cost is a little on the high side.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere