“One of my favorite places in Ludington” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #31 of 55 Restaurants in Ludington
Cuisines: Barbecue
Michigan
“One of my favorite places in Ludington”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Bones and Butts is one of my favorite places in Ludington. As a local resident, I am disappointed and go through withdrawal during the winter months when they close. Their meat is tender and flavorful. The ribs, pulled pork sandwich and chicken are my favorite. I also love their coleslaw. The barbeque sauces are outstanding. I usually opt for the Kentucky Spicy sauce. In fact, I usually buy a bottle of it each year to enjoy at home! The food is excellent and the owners provide great customer service. I highly recommend Bones and Butts.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New Mexico
“Nice outdoor seating / Good BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stopped in for a Butt Sandwich - Pulled Pork with a pickle spear. Nice size sandwich with plenty of meat. Good flavor. Potato Salad and Beans were ordered on the side and both were very good. Counter service only with no indoor sitting.

Safe Travels!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ludington, Michigan
“Great quality, great ribs!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Also a very good place to get take-out. The prices are not cheap but the quality justifies the price. One of my favorite rib places anywhere!

Visited August 2012
Custer
“Outdoor Eatery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Love their barbecue sauce, food is good. Sitting at the outdoor area under the bright yellow umbrellas seems so cheery and we people watch and munch on the ribs.

Visited August 2012
Springfield, Illinois
“Smokeless”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

The placard out by the main road drew us to Butts and Ribs. Like typical mindless tourists, we tried a place we'd never heard of. Now, never did anyone, either in their advertising on the placard or inside the store, promise that these products were smoked. You kind of just assume that's what the deal is when you see the word "barbeque." But sorry to say, we didn't smell a rich hickory smoked aroma at any time, nor we taste it in the food. We placed our order and were told it would be about 15 minutes. 15 minutes? Seating is outside in a pretty nice courtyard. So, we grabbed a room temperature soda pop from their fridge and enjoyed the outdoors for a few minutes. About 15 minutes later someone hollers "Dan?" - not quite my name but its close, so indeed it was our order. The ribs were meaty and tender. Pretty good, but not smoked. The rest of the food was average - so we're probably not repeating with this one.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Been to Bones and Butts? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Bones and Butts, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.